Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Caldercraft SS Talacre  (Read 2536 times)

Georgeconna

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Caldercraft SS Talacre
« on: April 30, 2020, 04:47:32 pm »

Hello Gents,

I think this is the best place for these pics. The quite nice Looking Caldercraft Talacre, Bout 3 year build, Foggy unit inside and Action Electronics Steam sound with speaker also. Mast light and Side Nav lights also work.

The Plans had the bridge facing the other way buy I did not like the aesthetics of that but I understand this is the actual correct way anyhow?

All around a quality product from Caldercraft with no vices. Highly recommended.

I hope I don't have to answer the 7 questions every time I have to post something?

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Caldercraft SS Talacre
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 05:23:53 pm »

No question. She is a beauty, better than mine and that won an exhibition back in the 80’s...Congratulations..

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 05:32:11 pm »

Very nicely done.  Especially the weathering, which can make or break a model like this.  Congratulations!

And I'm afraid you will have to answer questions until you have posted 10 times (I think).  It's a security thing to stop automated hacks getting in here.  It's a pain, but when you get to 11 it all becomes plain sailing - and it's worth the hassle.  We're a lovely bunch of folk!   :-)) :-))

Greg

Georgeconna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 06:40:02 pm »

Very nicely done.  Especially the weathering, which can make or break a model like this.  Congratulations!

And I'm afraid you will have to answer questions until you have posted 10 times (I think).  It's a security thing to stop automated hacks getting in here.  It's a pain, but when you get to 11 it all becomes plain sailing - and it's worth the hassle.  We're a lovely bunch of folk!   :-)) :-))

Greg

Thanks for the info, At last I know how many days in a leap year and where the queen lives, Younger folks might be stuck in the Garfunkel one though!

Appreciate the comments guys, that were here maiden voyage when that was taken, With the lock down I can meet the other chaps in Cork for the Sunday sail right now. Hopefully before the summer fades!

Hande

• Full Mayhemer
  • Dream being fulfilled after 47 years.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 06:51:44 pm »

She is a beauty!  O0
I would like to know, in what scale you built it, kit or scratch. I would have guessed kit, because you say Caldercraft, but I am not familiar with all alternatives...
I too applaude you for the weathering. very good sense of realism.
Trial-and-error doesn't spell failure - right?

Georgeconna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 10:14:51 pm »

Hello Hande,

Many thanks for the Kind Comments, The Model is from a Kit which comes from the Caldercraft Range. The Scale is 1/48.

Link to the Distributors Web site here: [size=78%]http://www.jotika-ltd.com/Pages/1024768/Ccraft_Front.htm[/size]

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 10:36:20 pm »

here is a photo of the original ship showing the bridge layout.

Colin

Footski

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 07:41:49 am »

George on A’s model looks much better that that old tub.... %)

Georgeconna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 11:38:19 am »

Thanks Colin for that picture, Looks Like I have a get a Tin of black paint out! Despite trawling the net that never came up on a search so thanks for that, the bridge look all wrong the other way round!

Tafelspitz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Bedlam
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 09:19:15 pm »

Truly beautiful model! And I have to agree, the weathering is stunning. She's a beauty on the water.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.  Carl Sagan

jjolly3

• Shipmate
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 08:00:17 am »

Hello Gents,

I think this is the best place for these pics. The quite nice Looking Caldercraft Talacre, Bout 3 year build, Foggy unit inside and Action Electronics Steam sound with speaker also. Mast light and Side Nav lights also work.

The Plans had the bridge facing the other way buy I did not like the aesthetics of that but I understand this is the actual correct way anyhow?

All around a quality product from Caldercraft with no vices. Highly recommended.

I hope I don't have to answer the 7 questions every time I have to post something?

Hello George,

Would you be open to posting photos during your build and any other changes or workarounds you worked out while completing the kit?

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 12:06:51 pm »

It is that colour because it hauled coal. 
I suspect it was a standard hull anyway.

My one is having the bridge turned and I decided to move away from 1 hatch and am experimenting with a central mast  / dericks and 2 hatches.  I bought my one part built on the auction site.  I think it was a first build so I stripped her and started a lot of stuff over again.  I find that inadequate use of glue is the biggest fault, but it was quite 'exciting' drilling a hole for the prop tube!
So 2 hatches for me otherwise they all look the same and I shall find a new name for her anyway and we shall not be carrying coal!  Klunk very kindly gave me the man and his dog missing from my one.

For this type of ship I favour slow turning 45/50 mm prop using a cheap 540 size 18+ volt motor on 7.2 volts, current is less than 2 amps, so a cheap esc and the battery lasts forever!

Roy

Georgeconna

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 01:00:38 pm »

Hello George,

Would you be open to posting photos during your build and any other changes or workarounds you worked out while completing the kit?

Hello JJ, I did not really take many photos of the build as I usually give a model the kiss of death when I do and manage to balls the build up. Sorry,

MartyH

• Shipmate
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2022, 03:36:07 am »

After the drawings/plans/instructions for the Caldercraft Talacre. Anyone able to help?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.