Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: railway  (Read 1149 times)

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
railway
« on: February 08, 2014, 06:47:07 pm »

now we are cut off another railway line gone due to floods  cancel hs2 put the money into the railway in cornwall i noticed our service men are working over the week end wonder if it will be double time for them sorry no bob crow  and have you noticed a lack of help from our friends well that's of my chest  read it quick before it is deleted will let you know tomorrow  if the beach is still here rain and wind has started again 

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
Re: railway
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 06:59:28 pm »

Keep yourself safe down there Gordon.
You know as well as I do
No overtime for working 24/7 in the ranks.
Posh hotel meals for the Offs High above the
tide line.

Us lucky people with a bit of wind and rain
are thinking about all of you in the West Country.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

dave301bounty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 08:33:54 pm »

Watched this on the European network curtesy of the arab sat ,very sad ,but we all know were the vote will be ,its not right .

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 08:41:19 pm »

didn't we give 50 million to Bangladesh recently for flood relief???????

how about giving the same to our own country flood victims!!!! >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

fat chance of that, me thinks. {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 03:00:41 pm »

And reportedley all the aid we give is BORROWED, even to those countries that dont need it, so appart from it not going to those in need (as the corrupt kick backs ensure that some is lost) we not only borrow the money, we have to pay the interest and then they wonder why we have such a large deficit, stop giving aid and reduce the deficit - if we cannot survive on our expenditure, then dont give out to those who wont get it in the first place, once were out of the hole we are in - THEN we can gift aid and even then ensure that those that are earmarked for it, are given it, not leaving it up to the corrupt people who are given it to pass on.  <*<

Also, this government and then next and the next - because as a nation we do not deviate from the norm due to the unknown, will always be in, will always be either one of two - sometimes 3 (though very rare) parties, they will always screw us over, soundbiting etc etc, if everyone voted for a party that was totally different from the top 3, the world would not end, why, because, the party in power are just 'managers', the staff are the civil service - irrespective of the 'managers' things will carry on and if the outside party really started to make a balls of it, then a vote of no confidence would instigate a fresh election and the party that gets in would have to put right the errors, now where have I seen that happen - oh I know, coalition taking over from labour, so if a party took the realistic way of doing things then we would ensure the infrastructure was updated, that flood events would be managed better, power lines would be designed and installed to cope with an ever changing weather pattern, that roads were surfaced correctly, that 'managers' in the civil service were evaluated to ensure they are not overpaid under qualified and incompetent. A government that pays out for what is needed rather than whan something that unachievable - like coming up with a spec for equipment and leaving it alone, not changing it, getting it designed right in the first place. As for HS2 -a study showed that the route of an old system - now disused would save the tax payer a vast amount for little change to its route, its suitable but not for the governments current and future, kick backs to their friends will be the order of the day, so they can award lucrative contracts.

Rant over.  :}  and I hope things improve
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.