Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clubs in Wiltshire and Oxfordshire  (Read 2718 times)

DarrenCarter2

• Inactive
  • Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Clubs in Wiltshire and Oxfordshire
« on: February 09, 2014, 11:26:26 pm »

Hi there guys
I will explain from the start so u don't think I'm moaning but it's hard as it really annoys me as I want to be in a club that are happy to sail and happy to invole the younger generation.
Basically my father and grandfather started building and using model boats in the late 60s early 70s, they were in a club that was very big at the time in swindon, well dad quit the club in the early 90s along with me and my grandfather due to arguments offer steam etc.
I then went on to race rc cars for many years racing all over the place.
But then Me and my father then started doing boats again in about 2007 and we joined the club again with there being only a hand full of people in club many who don't like Change don't want change and unless ur over a certain age don't want to no also they will only meet once a month at the lake and have no real intrest in going to any shows unless they invole model engineering and not far to travel,  I did try and introduce new people to the club we were in but didn't get very far as they got put off by the attitudes of people there,
I have not rejoined as a member at the moment and currently don't plan on doing so but I'm missing going out with the boats I am insured through mpba me and dad always join that but as much as I love going out with the old man to the lake it's just not the same as being in a club and meeting up at the lake, I have heard rumours of a model boat club in Oxford that have there own purpose built lake for model boating but have no info on any clubs around the Wiltshire or Oxfordshire area dad believes there used to be a club down south cerny but I can't find any Info online can any one help or is any one from round the area in clubs?? 

DarrenCarter2

• Inactive
  • Shipmate
Re: Clubs in Wiltshire and Oxfordshire
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 02:16:45 pm »

Anything guys??

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 03:36:25 pm »

Darren, speak to the staff at "Howes models" (kidlington) they should be able to help you

baloo

Buccaneer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 07:06:59 pm »

There is a club in Oxford, www.oxfordmbc.org.uk. Try a Google search, but be aware some of these sites can be a few years out of date.
John

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 07:50:06 pm »

It is th OBMC Oxford model boat club. They meet at Hinsky boating lake on Sunday morning. Note the area been heavly flooded.

john

RMH

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 07:56:29 pm »

You could also try the Mid Thames club who use the lakes at Beale Park in Pangbourne. I'm sure you'd get a warm welcome there. http://www.mtmbc.co.uk/index.html

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 08:15:47 pm »

that to might be under water

john

DarrenCarter2

• Inactive
  • Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 09:41:56 am »

Thanks guys :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.