Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SHOCK KNOCK ON THE DOOR!!!!!  (Read 1459 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
SHOCK KNOCK ON THE DOOR!!!!!
« on: February 11, 2014, 02:45:03 pm »

A knock on the door yesterday and I thought I was being filmed for New Tricks on BBC TV.

just on lunch time a knock on the door and I was greeted by two police officers flashing their Warrant card I.D's at me..................b***** h***..........what had I done now?????

Transpires that I had made a short telephone statement in the early 1990's about an old school acquaintance that had gone missing in 1989, to the police helpline about his character as I remember it................and these two were Detectives from the Murder incident room of Lancs Constabulary who are now treating his disappearance as murder......25 years on..........

they asked me about my statement, and I couldn't remember what I had for dinner the day before, never mind what I had said on the dog and bone 20 odd years ago...................certainly knocked me off my stride for modelling for the afternoon........
an old sod like me can do without this excitement at his time of life.

Sad though that someone  you know from school days is lying somewhere for 25 years and no one has taken up the cause until now......

RIP old school chum...........hope you are found soon.

neil.

rmaddock

• Full Mayhemer
Re: SHOCK KNOCK ON THE DOOR!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 06:21:03 pm »

I think you might be no.1  suspect Neil.

cabman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 07:24:51 pm »

Did one of them look like Dennis Waterman?

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 07:50:38 pm »

:-)) I had almost the same thing happen to me some years back,two C.I.D. chaps knocked on my door late at night, seems they thought my car was involved in a robbery in Liverpool two before, when explained that I have not been to Liverpool for 40 years,it worked out that someone had cloned my number plates same model of car same colour, clever so and so's,gave me a bit of a fright at the time,Ray. :-)) :-)) :-))       
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 08:03:32 pm »

Hi Neil, It is a bit early for April the first, is it not,  Nemesis

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 08:41:44 pm »

Similar here......0230 on Saturday morning ...two polices officers  :police: :police: at the door........saying that my car had been torched.........in Wollongong

I say no that's impossible  <*< .....my car is locked up in the garage under my unit ....then the penny dropped.......I had recently re-registered [in my name] my mums car from her Estate & it was being driven by No2 daughter...it was insured but that's not the point.........  >>:-(

Appears that someone had a grudge against Hyundai as 3 of the same model were broken into or burnt that same night........Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.