Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THAMES TUG/LAUNCH "BALTO"  (Read 1729 times)

mark w

• Full Mayhemer
  • "I stick my neck out for nobody"
THAMES TUG/LAUNCH "BALTO"
« on: February 14, 2014, 04:49:46 am »

Hello out there,

I'd like to share a few pic's of my latest project; the tug/launch "BALTO". I started with a wayward Caldercraft "IMARA" hull, and rudder. On the London Lighterage Tug website, I found the "JAYMAR"; length 43', and the IMARA hull is 43", perfect  O0 . I removed all of the plate lines, as they were too small in 1/12th scale. Next, I removed the bulwarks, added the running gear, planked the deck, etc. The cabin is made of sheet styrene over a wood frame. Fittings came from the parts box. Power is a surplus Bosh 12V motor, 12V 7amp gell battery, Vantec esc, Spektrum radio, Harbor Models sound unit, and a surplus 12V water pump for the faux bilge. Wished I taken more pic's, but I never seemed to think I'd finish this one  {:-{ . All comments are welcome.

Mark
"If she can stand it, I can too, play it"

mark w

• Full Mayhemer
Re: THAMES TUG/LAUNCH "BALTO"
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 05:32:40 am »

Here's a few more build pic's; I forgot to resize them the first time  {:-{ . The hull had been started  as the twin screw version, so I filled the holes in, and shortened the deadwood to use the kit rudder I had.

Mark

peter61_uk

• Full Mayhemer
  • Permanently Bewildered
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 10:08:15 pm »

First Class Job Mark .......... I'm proper impressed with that one. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
Cheers
Peter

mark w

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 10:15:12 pm »

Peter,

Thanks  :} . Never actually having seen the Thames, or any of these type boats in person, I was somewhat reluctant to post this project on MBM, but need to get out of my comfort zone now, and again. I love to build American type tugs/pushboats, but do love all types of work boats.

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.