Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: At Last a Warm/Dry Day Good Enough for Spray Painting!  (Read 1489 times)

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
At Last a Warm/Dry Day Good Enough for Spray Painting!
« on: February 16, 2014, 07:10:03 pm »

At last the weather here in Dudley was warm enough and also dry enough for me to get the very first coat of primer onto my Fairmount :}

I've been waiting for weeks to get the first coat on so as I can see where the hull needs some more work and also allow me to get the prop shafts and Korts fitted
So after a good clean with panel wipe I went for it   %%    Unfortunately my upstairs neighbour decided at that precise moment to open his window and send a shower of debris down onto me and the boat   <*<    Oh well luckily its the first of very many coats so I can laugh about it.
I'm quite pleased with the initial results and the hull is looking promising - This is the first wooden hull that I have ever assembled and I have really enjoyed the challenge
Here's a few pictures

Stavros

Re: At Last a Warm/Dry Day Good Enough for Spray Painting!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 07:44:59 pm »

Now you need to put a coat of matt or satin black on that hull and rub it down to see where the blemishes are before you put any top coat..............NOW when I mean a THIN coat on it I mean a THIN coat....hold aerosol atround 18 inches away ..........a QUICK coat will suffice.

Dave

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 10:38:39 pm »

That's a nice looking hull you've got there Mark :-))

...it's been nice and sunny here too, but not quite warm enough for spraying where we are {:-{

Anyway - you keep posting, I'll keep watching O0

Regards,

Ray.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 11:21:08 pm »

Lucky you........getting some modelling done........and what a cracking model too.........................me???.......been mending fence panels  all day, <:( <:( <:( <:( <:(

and speaking of fence panels.......isn't it amazing how before Christmas when the good calm weather was around ( did I hear you say When) fence panels local to me cost 15 quid delivery free.......went into a local timber merchant the other day for some battening to repair mine, and they were charging 25 quid each plus 5 quid EACH  for delivery..........they certainly cashing in on this bad weather.......during the war they'd been up on a charge for racketeering and face the long drop on a short rope, lol %% %% %% %%

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 06:34:35 am »

Now you need to put a coat of matt or satin black on that hull and rub it down to see where the blemishes are before you put any top coat..............NOW when I mean a THIN coat on it I mean a THIN coat....hold aerosol atround 18 inches away ..........a QUICK coat will suffice.

Dave

Yep thats what I intend to do there's nothing nicer than really flat and blemish free panels  8)

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 06:37:12 am »

That's a nice looking hull you've got there Mark :-))

...it's been nice and sunny here too, but not quite warm enough for spraying where we are {:-{

Anyway - you keep posting, I'll keep watching O0

Regards,

Ray.

Thanks Ray - I'm not going to post a build log as its taken me 5 months to get this far and people would get bored waiting for the next photo  - but I will post some pics once the hull is complete  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 23 queries.