Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deans Marine "T.S.M.Y Melita" latest updates 27.06.06  (Read 7273 times)

dannymax

Deans Marine "T.S.M.Y Melita" latest updates 27.06.06
« on: June 16, 2006, 08:21:17 pm »

Hoping to make a test sail next week but heres the progress so far on this kit. Theres still a lot to do and this is my first project and I have learnt a lot from some very basic mistakes.. I have been a little muddled by the kit if I was honest and will probably replace most of the resin fittings which are extremely poorly cast, in fact the white metal ones are not that fantastic either, still I have enjoyed this boat and can not wait to see her on the water, and then get on to finishing her off and correcting the mistakes... The cabin roof is confusing me at the moment as I am not sure that elastic bands will be enough to hold it to the curve of the windscreen whilst the araldite sets, its flexible enough to make the curve but it seems to me there will be a lot of pressure here. I have visions of it flying off in the middle of the lake.

couple of questions re the actual boat though which I cant google.
1 what does TSMY stand for, and
2 where can I get scale Commodores pendant and white ensigns, as it states she can fly both of these as she is owned by the commodore of the RYS.

anmo

• Full Mayhemer
  • That's unpossible!
Re: Deans Marine "T.S.M.Y Melita"
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 08:54:59 pm »

TSMY = Twin screw motor yacht.

Flags. Anything I've needed in this line, BECC have had in their range, I'm sure they can supply everything you need for this model. Westbourne keep a pretty good selection in stock.
caution, may contain traces of nuts .....

Stavros

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 12:08:48 am »

Don't use araldite cos it will ping off into the middle of the lake use Stabilit Express it a 2 component glue,you get a tube and some white powder-no lads dont get excited not that type!!! mix both together and hey presto a good strong joint that does not let go

dannymax

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 08:01:01 pm »

Just a quick new update today, not a lot to show in the picture but the electrics are all now fully operational for her maiden sail...

dannymax

Re: Deans Marine "T.S.M.Y Melita" 1st Day on the water
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 02:56:33 pm »

Some pics update today with the first days at the lake...

Did it all go smoothly, well yes..everything ran smoothly, the stern was a little high and needs more weight so that will be corrected ..

One thing that was a casualty was one of the white metal anchors.. Any idea of a stockist to replace this type of anchor?

Danny

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 07:16:01 pm »

[qoote]

One thing that was a casualty was one of the white metal anchors.. Any idea of a stockist to replace this type of anchor?

If it was part of the kit have you tried asking Dean's?

HTH

Doug
Don't Assume Check

dannymax

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 07:18:49 pm »

Good idea, sent them an email and they said they send a replacement for free....... :)

add to the good customer service thread..

Danny

dannymax

Re: Deans Marine "T.S.M.Y Melita" 27.06.06 update
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 09:57:00 am »

Just a little more work comleted including rear hatches, some rigging , more stanchions and guard rails etc

Wetwater

• Full Mayhemer
  • My mind often wanders. Once it left completely.
Re: Deans Marine "T.S.M.Y Melita" latest updates 27.06.06
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 10:09:35 pm »

Is that a real workbench. ?  It looks far too tidy.  :o  How do you find things.    Nice boat.
Alan.

dannymax

Re: Deans Marine "T.S.M.Y Melita" latest updates 27.06.06
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 03:55:21 pm »

I am kept under strict tidy control by my DW Jackie..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.