Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you have a Weed Problem.  (Read 1900 times)

Max Buoy

Do you have a Weed Problem.
« on: June 26, 2007, 08:17:19 pm »

Does your lake/pond have a weed problem??  Get your best modeller’s brains in gear and make a scale model of one of these machines.  Cardiff Marine Modellers usually sail on Roath Park Lake but it has been weed bound now for a few weeks. Not any more.
This Truxor amphibious aquatic weed harvester is tracked and operates just like a land based tracked vehicle but it floats with the ‘tracks’ having deep rubber ‘paddles’ to propel it across the water cutting the weed close to the bed and then with a change of attachment, a large rake collects it all up to be deposited on the bank. The craft can then simply climb out (up to 45 degrees) and drive itself onto a trailer. I watched this machine clearing the lake at Roath Park Cardiff today (it’s there all week). The piles of weed lined up all along the bank show testament to its effectiveness. Hopefully we can sail from our landing again tomorrow (Wednesday).

I have no connection with the company that provides this ‘Water Management’ service but if anyone out there needs their services, contact a very nice chap called Brian Harries @ Aquaclear.   Have a look at www.aquaclearwatermanagement.com. They are based in West Wales but operate countrywide.

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
  • The building never ends
Re: Do you have a Weed Problem.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 08:27:52 pm »

If only every lake or strip of water had one of these at hand we would be sailing at loads more lakes all over the country ;D

Jay
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

Robert Davies

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 10:09:33 pm »

Any idea of the costs involved?

A very effective machine by all accounts :)

-Rob

Channel

• Full Mayhemer
    • Channel Images
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 10:19:30 pm »

Hi,

I had problems with my tug in the weed at Roath Park on the weekend - nice to see the weed being removed !!!

Cardiff Harbour Authority have one of these machines - wonder if this is the one loaned to another part of the council to clear the lake.

Cheers
Chris
Follow my blog - www.channelimages.com

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 08:51:49 pm »

What an excellent machine  ;D ;D ;D
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.