Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Break ins  (Read 3661 times)

chris gillespie

• Full Mayhemer
Break ins
« on: February 24, 2014, 06:54:38 pm »

Were having a speight of break ins up here in Ayrshire...It may be judgemental but its convenient the recent arrival of a travelling community.

I had my unit broken into last night...ive spent the last 7 hours moving and tidying up crap.....Thankfully they didnt know the value of model boats, boat kits..3d printers, scanners, wide format printers....these all survived

They were obviously looking for huge power cables to rip from walls, and other quick fix metals, expensive tools.....of course now they have been in, they may well be offering my scanner etc to a buyer knowing where they can find one...

They stood on and trashed my prototypes...not all of them but enough.....some hulls were kicked about and stood on...some metals were taken my mountain bike was swiped...

To say im gutted is fckn understatement ( yes mods you may warn me about language but i dont give a hoot i need that abbreviated word )

I hope nobody else has to go through it

Sometimes we all need to take a look at where we are going and the natural signs that are apparent.....since i thought id develop some boats it has been one head against a wall after another.....busy with building work, 3 month delay on getting my work unit ready ( still not ready ) storage unit broken into, damage.....

seems like the universe is trying to say something  {:-{ :(( >:-o

I still have items in my garage, all is not lost

Im going to take some time

Chris

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Break ins
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 09:08:46 pm »

There not from Failsworth are they, an engineering company had a similar issue, they stole the company van, a welding set, all the steel on the racks and apart from ripping the gate of the entrance to the site, they had knocked a hole in a wall to get in, setting the alarm off, after the registered call out employee had been and made what he thought, the place secure, they came back and took all that listed above. police were sent to move them on that morning as planned - but they had planned the break in for the same morning.   
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 09:27:33 pm »

Had a lot of walk in thefts up here lately ,I had a junkie try my back door in January when I was in the livingroom , my dog went a bit mental barking his chops off so by the time I got to the door I saw the guy going out the gate ( phone the cops but they didn't get him think my dog scared him off lol )

Had the cops to the house last night though , someone had tried to break into the house over my back on Saturday night , something else had happened last week though that didn't make sense until then , there is a street light in the alley behind the house and someone had got a key and removed the cover , unscrewed the cover on the trip and switched the light off. I reported it to the council who got it fixed within an hour but the cops think the same as me that it was the thief getting ready to try and break in and not be seen.

My hounds a 6st Lurcher who wouldn't hurt anyone , BUT , he is 1/4 Alsatian and has that bark and occasionally the attitude lol
Davie Tait,
Scotland

chris gillespie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 09:35:00 pm »

I have no idea where they come from....they just arrive cause weeks of carnage, then prey on the next area like locusts...

The police do nothing.....last sunday there was suspicious activity reported....the police didnt even come, they were definately inside the building, as my door had scuff marks around the lock, some stihl saws etc had been swiped from the unit next door...
They still havent showed up from then and have no interest in showing up today where more has been done.

Its like they know its going on....let them do what they want..wait for them to move on so its another branches problem....

The street light all of a sudden going out, is a BIG tell tale sign something is going down....our street lights at the units were knocked out  ( 7 of them )....still council and police did nothing

A few years on the trott i seen a blonde gypo jumping fences and trying back doors...just chancing his arm...twice i rushed out to him and heard him speak...so i know he is a gypsy havent seen him in a few years.......

They apparently mark gates with blue/ red dots...keep an eye if you are a pet owner, as these marks signify dog for stealing, fighting fodder size of dog etc.....

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 10:11:03 pm »

The police don't have time for this kind of crime... they are too busy with their mobile speed cameras or arresting pensioners for offences allegedly committed 3 decades ago.... much safer policing y'see. less chance of them resisting arrest when they are over 65.
Having worked as a contractor for 2 police forces and seen the attitude of many officers (there are a few good ones buy sadly they are few and far between and getting further every year), I have no time for them and sadly even less respect. 
And this is the problem.... they say that no one has any respect for the police these days.... its quite true.  Problem is that respect has to be earned and sadly most of the police I have encountered in recent years are not prepared to put in the effort to earn it.
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

chris gillespie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 10:21:27 pm »

The police don't have time for this kind of crime... they are too busy with their mobile speed cameras or arresting pensioners for offences allegedly committed 3 decades ago.... much safer policing y'see. less chance of them resisting arrest when they are over 65.
Having worked as a contractor for 2 police forces and seen the attitude of many officers (there are a few good ones buy sadly they are few and far between and getting further every year), I have no time for them and sadly even less respect. 
And this is the problem.... they say that no one has any respect for the police these days.... its quite true.  Problem is that respect has to be earned and sadly most of the police I have encountered in recent years are not prepared to put in the effort to earn it.

:-)) 

I shall leave it as a thumbs up, well said.....i was about to spoon wildy off tangent.....that would end up getting super moderated.... %)  it involved the truth about P_LIT_S  :D

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 08:35:08 am »

I agree with this sentiment totally. The police nowadays have no interest in burglary at all, the attitude is you have insurance make a claim, tough luck if you don't!

They want to chase major crime because that is what makes the headlines, what they fail to understand is that major crime is fuelled by all the minor crime. Druggies break in and steal your valuable possesions, only a few hundred quid but it gets them the  next fix from the drug dealer. This in turn allows him to buy more drugs to carry on the vicious circle, the drug lords at the top getting fat on your loss and the police inactions.

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 11:00:05 am »

You can get away with growing a few cannabis plants "For personal use" and the Police will ignore it or issue a desist warning, they do however swoop on "Farms" as I witnessed a couple of weeks ago. Problem is, they (the Police) are responsible for the costs of said swooping, dismantling and destructive disposal of all the paraphernalia, nothing is recyclable. Similar applies to parking obstruction locally as the local council coffers are expanded for offences and nothing goes back to the Police - so they don't take any action.

Strange observation, if a football team don't score goals or cost saving is required, the manager is disposed of but in the police and NHS,for cost saving, the bottom end is sacrificed?

Sadly, we don't use the time honoured system of dealing with thievery as practised in the barbaric far eastern countries, if caught, you have one more chance.

Thanks to namby pambies, property theft is best policed with a piece of four by two.

Regards  Ian. 
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 12:52:30 pm »

Thanks to namby pambies, property theft is best policed with a piece of four by two.

AAHH - but then that would attract the police as a serious crime - at least you would get the attention   :police: <*< %% - my googly eyes are on speed - is any one elses?
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 03:03:00 pm »

Instead of just wailing on the Police, councils, the government, cutbacks, etc, etc.
apart from Dave's monster Lurcher, what other good LEGAL deterrents have you found?

I have one of those suction 'break glass alarms' on the back door which has a big warning label on it, plus a very visible alarm system....

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 03:07:25 pm »

I have a very hungry 40kg German shepherd a double barrel twelve bore and last but by no means least a wife none of which are chained
I'm not old I'm mature middle aged

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 03:11:14 pm »

I remember a local case where the perp was trying to climb in through the bedroom window when due to a "Faulty catch" on the sash window it dropped very quickly and broke the perps fingers. He fell to the ground doing his ankles where the Police found him next morning, the owner having slept through the whole occurrence.  O0

Regards  Ian.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 03:36:49 pm »

If you live on the premises. Dogs, even Yorkies and poodles, seriously.
The slightest noise and they yap until the whole house has been woken up. The main deterrent of a dog is that it wakes up the householder.
If the dog goes off all you need to do is turn on the lights, wait a few minutes to avoid confrontation, and then go check downstairs for peace of mind and to check for any open doors or windows.

Lights. Bright lights deter intruders. Just make sure the power source and sensors are not reachable from outside, and don't have the sensors set so sensitive that cats and foxes set them off. Otherwise you will just annoy the neighbors.

If you are off the premisis.
There are CCTV cameras that are wireless, and transmit to your mobile phone and/or home computer (go to Maplins). These are harder to tamper with, without being filmed doing it.
Connect this to a light and big signs that say 'CCTV transmitted to offsite control room' under the lights.

These are only deterrents, there is no way legal of stopping a determined professional thief.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 03:43:19 pm »

Sorry Tiger, you are allowed to exert the minimum force necessary and as a pensioner, mine relates to a piece of  four by two inside the boundary of my property.  Uninvited trespassers get ONE request to leave.

Regards   Ian.

IanPal

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 04:35:32 pm »

I don't think all dogs can be relied on as a deterrent. I have a retired Greyhound, Greyhounds don't really bark much, in fact I seem to be the only one in our house that can make him bark when playing with him.
Even when the door bell goes he wont move from his bed, but if you was to walk in with a handful of biscuits he would be all over you like a rash.

As for the 4x2 I have a work mate that used this  method on an uninvited scum bag one evening, He hit him across the back of his legs as the scum tried to run past out the door. He ended up spending the whole evening in a cell while the youngster was out walking the streets.  >>:-(

GAZOU

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 04:37:04 pm »

A man sees people penetrating into his garage he calls the police
Sorry sir we have no vehicle answers the police

Five minutes cross(spend) the man call the police hello the police I have just killed two men(people)

Two minutes after the police is there

Ah I believed that you had no vehicle ......

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 04:43:17 pm »

He hit him across the back of his legs as the scum tried to run past out the door. He ended up spending the whole evening in a cell while the youngster was out walking the streets.

Wouldn't have been walking if FRONT of legs had been target.  :-))

Regards   Ian.

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 05:05:35 pm »

IanPal I think a well trained GSD is a vastly different kettle of fish to a retired Greyhound , I wouldn't want to meet my current GSD on a dark night.
he tends to get a hold and hang on until told to release which given the current number of police in Linconlshire at night may have to be a long time.
I'm not old I'm mature middle aged

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 05:17:11 pm »

You must have good eyesight if you can see
Policemen in Lincolnshire on a night. :D
My Airedale knows what to do if we have
uninvited guests.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

vnkiwi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 06:47:15 pm »

Circlip,
I trust said warning, to be given one nano-second, before said 4x2, impacts with said cranium.
Remove said perpetrator from premises, lock door, retire to bed. Job done.
If PC knock on doors in the morning, then didin't hear a thing Officer, slept like a log all night.
 %)
If it ain't broke. Don't fix it !

Nordsee

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 07:19:40 pm »

Our sailing clubhouse was broken into,Saturday night. Just trashed the kitchen, broke cháirs and tables, all the crockery etc. Worse they broke into the Container where the Dinghy sailbags are racked, there they slashed the bags, and sails with a knife, 31 bags in all. What mindless morons do things like that? they must have a vehicle, as the Club is over a mile from the town. Our Police never even showed, just faxed a Crime Number to the Secretary!

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 07:36:16 pm »

seems we have morons the world over.sadly. >>:-( >>:-(

Pondweed

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2014, 01:00:36 am »

You can get away with growing a few cannabis plants "For personal use" and the Police will ignore it or issue a desist warning, they do however swoop on "Farms" as I witnessed a couple of weeks ago.

True story. I give my mother a lift to her friends now and again, they live in a row of houses by a cross-roads in the middle of nowhere.

It's night and as I'm driving along a country road I start to see bin bags in the grass at the roadside every 100-200 yards, we must have seen about 20-30 all half-full and knotted at the top, we thought that maybe  a road-sweeper crew had been along and cleared all the coke cans and rubbish from the hedge and the bags are simply waiting to be collected.

Didn't think any more about it until the next visit when the friends Mrs tells us "Guess what? a neighbour walking a dog stumbled upon bin bags full of cannabis!!"

I say to my mother, we missed the jet-set life-style there old girl!! We could have been 'The Connection' and living on Easy Steet!  :}

P.s. Regards burgulary and bad things that happen to you: I know it sounds naff but you only have to think you could have been on flight 370 or you could be the parents of Reeva Steenkamp. It's cxxp but life could be so much worse. For instance, if I'd have took one or two of those bags with me, I could be spending the next 10 yrs writing these posts from Sing Sing. <:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 22 queries.