Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Mayhem Film Club....  (Read 59572 times)

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
Re: Mayhem Film club
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2019, 06:51:22 pm »

Totally enjoyed Captain Marvel  :-))  this runs straight into the sequel Avengers later this year  8)
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2019, 10:21:51 pm »

What men want is released this Friday
We will watch it next week looks funny
ANDY

RST

« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2019, 10:01:25 pm »

I'm a bit gutted.  I'm not a huge fan of allot of new movie releases these days but my local cinema in Inverness were doing re-runs of "classics".  They changed managers the other year who must have thought otherwise and frankly I'm really dissapointed in Eden Court for quite a long time now (everyone else back home I know is also).  Now that I've started working away again though, you guessed it, they started showing some classics again.  Sods law!!!!  I haven't seen anything I liked the look of for ages in regular cinemas, so while I'm working in France I was waiting for ages for "Holmes and Watson" to come out.  A DIRE movie I hear, but I like both actors, just ironical the release date in France was last on the list in the rest of the world.  Lo-and behold, as soon as the release date over here in France and the local cinema just drops it entirely from the screenings now, so I don't even get the chance to see if it was that bad after all!

I subscribed to Netflix since working out here because I can't get British TV and Youtube seems to be pretty rubbish these days unless I want to watch out of focus movies of parrots or cats.  I  got bored with Netflix it after about a month though.  I did finish "Escape From Alcatraz" the other night.  I got to the end of the "5th Wave" the other night also, bit dissapointed it turned into a kids movie in the last half.  I'm not sure why Netflix is so popular though, there's only about 3 TV series on I would watch.

I think it's quite difficult these days to find a decent movie if you don't like overly intrusive CGI, you respect the original movies and can't contemplate a re-make, or youre not "sympathetic" to some aspects of society.  I just can't get into the "marvel" comic style movies unless its "Watchmen" which is a bit dark and long, or the 2 "Hellboy" movies -which I've seen too many times now.

I'm a very difficult person to please when it comes to movies I think!  Can anyone recommend anything for me on Netflix out of the "new" movies?  I often give up afer 30 mins and rate them "down", but they keep popping up at the top of the recommended lists!

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2019, 10:04:52 pm »

New hell boy is out soon and looks to include more comedy

Edit
Trailer
https://youtu.be/WYz-EsjXrtQ
ANDY

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2019, 10:08:17 pm »

Hi I watched the 'Commuter' the other night it has cgi but I enjoyed the film.  Gone Girl is one of those that keeps escalating almost from reality.Regards Roy
Roy

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2019, 01:06:48 pm »

Just walked out of a film for first time in my life
Destination Dewsbury absolutely crap
After we came out the usherette said yes lots have done that  %%
ANDY

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Mayhem Film Club....
« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2019, 02:35:52 pm »

Watching a film on Film4 at the moment: Hell Below Zero.

- it's partially about whaling in the 1950's...... we,  the Human race,   what were...  ARE we thinking?!?   <:( <:( <:(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_Below_Zero

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Leaky

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2019, 06:54:15 pm »

Thinking????????
badly raised and ill mannered.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #158 on: April 03, 2019, 11:15:35 am »

Sat in cinema waiting for Dumbo
She’s gone to the loo  {-)
ANDY

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #159 on: April 03, 2019, 04:55:42 pm »

Film was OK for the kids but this big kid wasn't too struck by it.

Shazam next on release  :-))
ANDY

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2019, 08:49:52 pm »

Today we watched LITTLE and Shazam. Both average but reasonably funny.
ANDY

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2019, 09:19:07 am »

Hi I have watched some old B&W films on TV, The sea shall not have them and For those in peril.  It is the background stuff, seeing ASRL's Denny (I think) gunboats, etc that made the films interesting for present viewing. 

Also watched an old police drama (1956) The long arm of the law, very good.  I think some of the films were on the TV ch. Talking Pictures.
Life without mobile phones, easy to forget.  I remember almost dragging a woman out of a telephone kiosk so I could phone to get an ambulance as my first born was just arriving, takes you back!
I see that 'Eddie the Eagle' is on Film 4 tonight at 9,  I really enjoyed this film, it is a heart warming story of fighting against the odds!

regards

Roy

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2019, 03:13:26 am »

Roy....come back to OZ for a visit....you could watch The Bill, Enid Sharpels in what ever show she was in?, George Gently ........Harold & Father.....yes Step Toe & Son, Cop Shop, Division 24, Yes Minister, that Grace Bros Store Show with Miss Brahams & her t*ts  :P .............

Sorry Martin....couldn't resist {-) ................Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2019, 06:33:46 am »

And don't forget all the 'Carry On' films.  <:(

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2019, 08:49:20 am »

Hi Derek, I woz in Oz until 22nd. March.  I did sit in front of my son's TV, it has got so hi tech it only runs from his iPad and does not respond to the remote unit, so remained a blank wall when I was on my own.

My hearing is  getting decidedly dodgy and I need bionic enhancement as I like to call my hearing aids.  However the young have better hearing and without my blue tooth to headphone connection I was in the world of lip reading.  So despite me being with you lovely people in the Land of Oz I was not much in the control of my own destiny.  Fortunately I had my laptop and headphones.
I visited Tasmania and was thrust back into a more familiar world.  I had this conversation at a restaurant checkout.  "Put the card in there",  I paused trying to recall my pin number.  "Ah yes" I said aloud.  "my pin number is my inside leg measurement and then my age, so it gets adjusted every year"  "Oh" said the young lady, "Does that mean you get taller every year"?  "Unfortunately No, just older".

I was introduced to battered Gummy Shark and chips.  It was OK!

Sorry got side tracked there!  Our next film to see is Red Jane, my wife's choice, will report after viewing.

Roy

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2019, 08:44:28 am »

Today a choice of Hellboy and or The Sisters Brothers
ANDY

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2019, 10:14:38 am »

Hi all but mainly to Derek.  Just a small sidetrack from the thread.  My hearing has now got better by leaps and bounds.  I had a proper consultation with NHS and a very competent young man who sorted out my hearing problems. 
He started from scratch and although replacing a broken unit set up the electronics in the existing ones to give me back almost normal hearing.  No loud TV sound for me anymore and I can hear what people are saying even those behind me.  I can choose between two applications a surround sound one or a forward facing one.

It is quite amazing but that beggars the question of what was been happening before, I am going to think about that.
regards to all.
Roy

Geoff

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2019, 01:15:03 pm »

I've recently discovered a channel on "Feeeview" in the UK - no 81 and it screens all sorts of old movies including Jack Warner in "The blue Lantern" that sort of thing. Sometimes abit more up to date but modern would be 1960's!

I find some of the old films have a vertain charm about them and its quite interesting looking at the background as well - how times have changed.

Cheers

Geoff

Leaky

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2019, 08:57:45 pm »

That's 'Talking Pictures'  excellent channel there is some very quirky stuff on there but you have to study the schedule.
badly raised and ill mannered.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2019, 09:54:51 am »

I never got to go yesterday too busy
Now sat here waiting for the start of Marvel Avengers in 3D  8)
ANDY

RST

« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2019, 10:11:44 pm »

Has anyone seen "At Eternities Gate"?  I'm quite enjoying the story and the setting but the filming is absolutely abhorent.  Could they not afford a tripod or steadycam, or even just hand hold a camera reasonably steady?  I felt sick after first 30mins, can only watch in 10min sessions and not got through rest of it yet.  It seems such a shame -quite a good film utterly ruined by the camera work.  Shame on you Netflix!!!!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2019, 02:57:25 am »

I watched - 'Welcome to Marwen' today, great film, loved it.    :-))

Directed by Robert Zemeckis, him of 'Back to the Future' fame, so pleasant & familiar escapism, story telling and character depth.  9/10     :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2019, 10:43:01 pm »

I watched Avengers Endgame with friends last Thursday, and while I have only seen two/three of the 22 films (and one of those doesn't count as it is the wrong Dare Devil!) it was enjoyable and I kept up with the plot.

I want to see the Sisters Brothers but fear I might have missed it.

Pond weed is your enemy

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2019, 11:40:20 pm »

Yes I missed it too  :((  a very short spell at our cinema
I was not blown away by Avengers and feel it was not up to scratch in 3D and I may have enjoyed the 2D better.
Also just missed hell boy  >:-o
ANDY

RST

« Reply #174 on: May 08, 2019, 01:39:00 am »

I watched - 'Welcome to Marwen' today, great film, loved it.    :-))

Directed by Robert Zemeckis, him of 'Back to the Future' fame, so pleasant & familiar escapism, story telling and character depth.  9/10     :-)

...been looking for this movie for a while, didn't know the name until now, thanks.

Last movie I saw at cinema was Verigo (sorry, another classic oldie).  Oh my days, instantly fell in love with "Midge", Barbara Bel Geddes in tortoise shell glasses.  Absolutely besotted, ruined forever since I am!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.