Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BMPRS FIRST RACE 2014 - Leicester. 23rd March 2014. Booking office now open!  (Read 6418 times)

Brigadair

• Full Mayhemer
  • Race to enjoy; winning is a bonus!

Hi all.

Just a notice to say the racing season will be soon upon us and the booking office is now open for the first BMPRS event at Leicester on 23rd march 2014.

Please see the BMPRS web  site for entry. Entries will be to Mark Wild who has again kindly given up his time to organise and run this event as OOD.

We expect interest to be huge, so please enter as soon as possible to allow good advance organisation and allocation for the days racing.

Can't wait for this premier event for the opening of the race season!

A reminder: need race number, engine size and type, boat name and radio frequency  for each boat entered,

Many thanks

Hope weather is kind to us all this year!!!

Garry Dickson.

Best regards
Garry Dickson (BMPRS Committee member and Webmaster)

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer

Excellent stuff!

I for one will be booking in shortly. And I shall look forward to meeting up with you all again.

Cheers
Craig :-))
Forget all insults, always remember compliments.

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer

For the benefit of any new BMPRS members perhaps racing for the first time, please remember that your boat MUST be fitted with a working fail safe on the throttle servo. Such that if the transmitter should fail during a race, the throttle servo immediately closes the throttle to stop the boat.

Before the start of each heat, this function is tested on each boat to ensure that it is indeed functional - an important safety requirement.

Although the BMPRS rules specify this requirement, I thought it worthy of a mention here. It would be a hell of a blow to turn up at your first race and discover that your boat doesn't meet this simple requirement!

Craig

tmbc

• Full Mayhemer
    • www.tmbc.org.uk

Well bookings are coming in folks looking to be a busy first meeting !

time for all you boaters to dust off the winter cobwebs and come and enjoy the fun !

This year is already showing promise of being bigger and better than last with new members booking in already with some exciting boats.

remember i will be shutting the booking office at 9pm friday

BMPRS  Health and Safety Co-Ordinator

tmbc

• Full Mayhemer
    • www.tmbc.org.uk

:-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) great point craig

For the benefit of any new BMPRS members perhaps racing for the first time, please remember that your boat MUST be fitted with a working fail safe on the throttle servo. Such that if the transmitter should fail during a race, the throttle servo immediately closes the throttle to stop the boat.

Before the start of each heat, this function is tested on each boat to ensure that it is indeed functional - an important safety requirement.

Although the BMPRS rules specify this requirement, I thought it worthy of a mention here. It would be a hell of a blow to turn up at your first race and discover that your boat doesn't meet this simple requirement!

Craig

Gazza

• Full Mayhemer
  • If its to windy to fly I'm boating

Hi All
Sorry if in the wrong section please move

Newbie here getting into 26cc motors . . . Any way Just got hold of a tuned pipe for a 26cc but missing the water nipples that thread into the exhaust (not manifold ) if any of you guys popping to Leicester have any spare or can pick some up would be much appreciated got some of e bay to small . .  wow a lot to learn

Regards Gary
retired and loving it

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!

Best of luck to all you all at BMPRS. See you in sunny Stevenage in the summer. May the best man win :-))
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

tmbc

• Full Mayhemer
    • www.tmbc.org.uk

think i may have a few in my box !  :-)) :-)) :-))   will make sure there in the van on sunday

Gazza

• Full Mayhemer
  • If its to windy to fly I'm boating

Great many thanks   :-))

Should have also posted .  of course I will be paying for them LOL   :embarrassed:
retired and loving it

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer

For the benefit of any non BMPRS members who may have planned to turn out on Sunday 23 March:

Unfortunately, the above event has been cancelled. This is due to low temperatures, and adverse wind chill combined with precipitation forecast. The decision has been made with the best  interests of the organisers, the rescue boat crew and lap counters, etc in mind.  We hope that this decision causes minimal inconvenience to members and others involved and look forward to better conditions for the next race on our calendar.

http://www.bmprs.co.uk/index.html

Craig

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer

Scared of the cold ? whatever next  %) {:-{ .

black magic racing

• Full Mayhemer
  • when winning is all . it stops being a hobby

i think its the right decision.knowing that i would be the one setting out the course and also doing a couple of turns in the rescue boat,its all very well for someone whos not racing boats or going to be there to comment,but come on mate be fair  ;) i dont mind being wet and cold as thats my job anyway,but other people have to be considered :-))
FAST is never FAST enough
Black Magic Racing with BMPRS    Telford Model Boat Club
Birkenhead Model Power Boat club Vice Commodore

tmbc

• Full Mayhemer
    • www.tmbc.org.uk

Scared of the cold ? whatever next  %) {:-{ .

hey mart
 more than willing to take you up to fleetwood tomorrow we will chuck a bucket of water on you and see how you feel after an hour never mind 4 - 5 hours !  O0 O0 O0 :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer

Hehe Kurt im just messing mate  ok2 ,Mark ive been in that lake in mid January up to my waist NOW that was cold lol.
Thanks for the offer though but i think im busy tomorrow :D .
Mart

black magic racing

• Full Mayhemer
  • when winning is all . it stops being a hobby
FAST is never FAST enough
Black Magic Racing with BMPRS    Telford Model Boat Club
Birkenhead Model Power Boat club Vice Commodore

tmbc

• Full Mayhemer
    • www.tmbc.org.uk

"xxxxx" ! thought id have some entertainment while eating my fish and chips ! ahh well looks like ill have to stay home where its warm !  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Hehe Kurt im just messing mate  ok2 ,Mark ive been in that lake in mid January up to my waist NOW that was cold lol.
Thanks for the offer though but i think im busy tomorrow :D .
Mart

Todd

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!

Is there any chance of getting the first Leicester race date moved so it's not cancelled every year ? Water mead park is always flooded at that time of year if it get moved forwards a month or two then the event won't get missed, especially as I might race in it next year providing my boat is completed  :-))

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer

Hi Todd

I don't recall the Leicester event being cancelled every year at the start of the season. Once perhaps?
However, I looked at our website and I have asked our webmaster to check the links to the historical tabs for any gremlins.

On the  very few occasions that events have been cancelled in my experience, it hasn't been due to any flooding or water table being too high. It has always been due to excessive cold temperatures combined with high wind and stormy conditions which has potential to jeopardise the safety of the rescue boat etc.

The first events of the year however are are always in the hands of the weather regardless of the venue so it can be a tough call for those that manage the events.

Importantly Todd, I am curious as to you building a boat to potentially race with us :-))

I do hope that you do join us next year, as you will be made very welcome. Would you be willing to share some details of your boat in progress? I would love to know more :-)

Cheers
Craig

Todd

• Full Mayhemer

Is there any chance of moving it to June/July time ? I've been along to a couple of the races Leicester last year and branston this year as a spectator, it will be the more local ones I'll be attending so I don't want to miss out to much with Leicester being cancelled I looked a few weeks ago and I'm sure it said they have all been cancelled? as for my boat it's a aero marine conquest from jotika I'm just waiting for it to arrive along with the engine and hardware from performance unlimited from America so I'm looking forward to getting it in the water.

Brigadair

• Full Mayhemer
  • Race to enjoy; winning is a bonus!

Hi all.

There are a couple of bad links in the historical result data. Thanks guys for pointing this out.

Will correct over the next couple of days.

Garry.
BMPRS webmaster
Best regards
Garry Dickson (BMPRS Committee member and Webmaster)

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer

Thank you Garry for the note.
Todd, thank you too for sharing the info on your new boat with us. :-))  If in due course you get the chance, please do upload some photos as we will be pleased to see them.  I always love to see new builds and new boats :-)

In respect of race venue dates, it really isn't as straight forward to manage as one would imagine......
With about 12 events on the calendar spread over much less than 12 months of usable weather, we have to firstly find out which slots are kindly made available to us  from our host clubs who provide key facilities. Our host clubs have other events planned also which can limit availability.

So when you put all of that into the event matrix, the timing of events is not easily adjusted. I hope that makes sense.

Craig

Todd

• Full Mayhemer

Yeah I forgot they do lifeboat days down there, as soon as I get the hull I'll post some pictures up, I had to send the first one back as I had a couple of problems with it so now waiting on the second.

Danny

• Gorleston Model Boat Club
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Gorleston MBC

You will find that the Leicester Club are restricted to only being able to host races outside the wildlife nesting season, which apparently lasts most of the summer!
Marie of the King Lear Model Boat Club can provide exact details.
http://www.kinglearmodelboatclub.co.uk/
Cheers
Danny

tmbc

• Full Mayhemer
    • www.tmbc.org.uk

hi all

yep danny's right we can only use the water before april and september onwards this is set out by the warden on the park

its been unfortunate that this years weather conditions were cold and windy again and after looking at the forecast the committee made the move to call the meeting off due to people in the rescue boat getting wet  and also the people lap scoring being sat in the cold conditions

as you can appreciate some of the people who do these jobs don't race and do it to help the society and the local club have the event the last thing the society would want is to cause these people to become ill due to racing in such condition let alone members traveling mile to have an event called off due to the condition when we arrive

i hope people understand that we as a committee do try and take into consideration everyone involved not just the enjoyment factor of racing

mark

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.