Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Nevada  (Read 1212 times)

richardv88

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hello from Nevada
« on: March 08, 2014, 07:14:44 pm »

I model large scale wood ships, both sailing and radio control Chris-Craft and Trojan cabin cruisers.  I have a few Sterling ships, including a complete T-2 Scout (with fittings) that I haven't started yet.  I also am into plastic ships, primarily 1/350 scale but I am modeling a 1/700 harbor scene for a coffee table.  I also buy two of every 1/200 ship that comes out but have yet to build any of them (Arizona, Tirpitz, Hornet, Missouri) being undecided on display only or putting RC into them, too.  I guess you could say I am really "into" ships.  I am also ex-US Navy from the Vietnam era.  I think my next effort will be a Heller 1/100 sailing ship for a large lighted display case my wife bought for me.  I am always interested in motors for ships and just bought 3 matched brushless motors with water jackets for my 1/35 Vosper or PT (or Schnellboot).  Power suggestions and r/c interaction always gets me involved and I'd love to correspond with other modelers in England.  I buy most of my detail parts from model shops in England since you guys have a lot that can't be found in the US.  I think modelers in the US are more into r/c airplanes and helicopters. (I just bought my first FPV airplane and am thinking about putting FPV into one or two of my larger electric boats, too).

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello from Nevada
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 03:55:49 am »

Welcome to Mayhem. We'd love to see some photos of your work.

Peter.

merseyferry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 01:53:06 pm »

hello and welcome  richard  from liverpool  :-))

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 05:47:46 pm »

Welcome on board  :-)

Looks like you have a excellent interest in boats  :-))

"I am also ex-US Navy from the Vietnam era" uhmm my next big project is properly a PCF Mk 1 in 1/10 scale you should by any chance have any pictures or material about these vessels ?

BR
Carsten
Denmark
My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.