Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Flight MH370  (Read 30797 times)

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
Re: Missing Flight MH370
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2014, 05:09:06 pm »

Black humour like this is very common, albeit 'non-PC' these days. Of course it's offensive to some people, but there isn't much humour, or indeed anything written or said, that doesn't manage to upset somebody.
As Gazou suggests, I think it's a mechanism to let us deal with the ever present threat of our own demise, particularly among the non-religious who have no 'safety net'.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2014, 05:25:04 pm »

I think it's a mechanism to let us deal with the ever present threat of our own demise, particularly among the non-religious who have no 'safety net'.

Not altogether sure about that but yes, I do accept the point about 'black humour' after all just about everyone jokes about the Titanic these days, but seeing all those relatives stuck in the hotel waiting for news does make me a bit uneasy. But then I always was a sensitive soul.  :-)

Colin

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2014, 05:27:21 pm »

I'm going to go along with Colin.
This whole thing is degenerating into a very poor taste farce. I'm now withdrawing from it.
   However, I'm perfectly willing to discuss some of the misconceptions about Great Circle navigation on another thread. Harry just about got it right though. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2014, 05:28:31 pm »

As the plethora of official theories gets more and more far fetched an exasperation with this trend becomes almost inevitable.  Too much reliance on Sat Nav blips that may be missleading.  It may be possible to sneak into a busy airport in the wake of an expected flight.

"...when you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2014, 05:45:07 pm »

One thing that the search does highlight is that seagoing trade and airline routes are  concentrated into relatively small areas of ocean. There are vast expanses where people rarely go and any wreckage in these areas could take a very long time indeed to be found.

Colin

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2014, 07:07:17 pm »

There's some real mad stuff being banded about.

I still think that for whatever reason the pilot/copilot have taken the plane towards a different destination on purpose, but never made it due to catastrophic failure, interception (unlikely) or running out of fuel.

I am skeptical that they reached land.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2014, 10:59:13 pm »

Fixing me computer! i fink XP may have had it's day....

Topic tidied up..... no more bad taste humour gentlemen.    :police:

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2014, 01:31:31 am »

It has been done to death about humour and tragic events. It is a form of release that you are not a victim and is perfectly normal and is to be encouraged rather than the opposite.

After all, we need to be able cope with tragic events, some do so in different ways, if you don't or can't, then you are a candidate for mental illness which in Australian affects 1 in 3.

We Australians, are said to a have weird sense of humour, but I shudder to think of the mental health statistics if we develop a stiff upper lip, eh what, old boy mentality.

It is similar to people blowing their stacks in anger rather than suffering ulcers etc by pent up emotions.

It is for this reason that political correctness will not survive or work as it seeks to put everyone in the same mould, we are all unique individuals.

Don't take my word for it Google it up and talk to a professional.
Gunna build those other boats one day.

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2014, 02:32:46 am »

I have to agree RAAArty, it's called being 'Professionally Offended', sadly all too common these days. 'I am not affected in any way, but if I was, I might be upset, so I will write lots of angry letters telling you how upset I might possibly have been if I was in that position'. However, I digress so I'll draw a line under it. Literally.

It's a very conclusive development that's been announced today (if it is true), that the autopilot was set to take the plane off course, BEFORE the communications were lost. Surely if something was amiss in the cockpit, the crew wouldn't continue acting as normal. It's very suspicious, and again points to a deliberate diversion by the crew. Even if the copilot wasn't 'in on it', surely he'd have seen the pilot reprogramming the computer? But then were they acting of their own accord or did they have someone holding a gun to their heads?

And furthermore why? Was the motive people, property, or plane? I think it'll be a long time before we know the answer to those questions. We'll find out where it came down and why first, then we'll have to work out how it got there.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2014, 03:29:59 am »

The latest in Oz is, that the airline has now acknowledged that they are withholding information.

This is perfectly reasonable, after all it serves no purpose in letting the, say Hijackers, know that you know, where they are and give them, the hijackers, the opportunity of foiling, say a rescue attempt. Or alternatively that they have been successful in their endeavours, such as hijacking the plane.

Look at rescue attempts that go wrong and why, maybe because the media plastered all the information far and wide.

The old WWII "loose lips, sink ships" comes to mind.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2014, 08:15:32 am »

I totally agree with Raaarty on this one, and sadly it is something that we all have to deal with one way or another...........you might call me callous for having a joke for instance at my mums expense for dying from the disgusting disease AHLZIEMERS......BUT JUST AS I NOW LAUGH AT HER CONDITION IN LATTER STAGES, so would she have done so the same,had she been here to laugh herself........as Raarty has said it's a release from real life......we get over it, and shouldn't be condemned for doing it IN OUR OWN WAY!

IT'S A 'blinking!' SAD WORLD IF PEOPLE NOW START TO TELL US HOW TO, AND HOW not to  GRIEVE IN PUBLIC ( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

vnkiwi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2014, 08:21:02 am »

IT'S A 'blinking!' SAD WORLD IF PEOPLE NOW START TO TELL US HOW TO, AND HOW not to  GRIEVE IN PUBLIC

There has always been those who do this Neil.
Everyones different, it's part of life.

In my opinion, grief is a personal thing, and individuals must handle it best they can.

cheers
vnkiwi
If it ain't broke. Don't fix it !

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2014, 08:27:20 am »

There has always been those who do this Neil.
Everyones different, it's part of life.
In my opinion, grief is a personal thing, and individuals must handle it best they can.
cheers
vnkiwi

:-))

GAZOU

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2014, 08:46:54 am »

;)

We can laugh at everything but not with whoever,
but especially not with those who have no humor in .......

We can cry for everything,
 for the small catwhich is hungry,
and to ignore the man who dies from cold

Each sees the life as he wants ,
and each is respectable

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2014, 09:02:31 am »

:police:   OK, enough said, back on topic now please.   :police:
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2014, 10:17:38 am »

'Debris' spotted off of Australia.

Looks rather on the big side, but it could be.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2014, 10:53:17 am »

Tonight's news, Brisbane, and interviews with tech savvy salvagers etc, is speculating that it could be part of a wing, one object estimated at 24 metres length, as they would be buoyant as all fuel was used up.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-debris-found-in-search-for-mh370-says-australian-prime-minister-tony-abbott-20140320-354xz.html

Two RAAF and One RNZAF maritime aircraft, PC Orion, are en-route to locate possible wreckage as is a RAN supply vessel equipped to salvage anything found.

If confirmed, then they will start plotting backwards, using tides, wind, currents, etc to try and Pinpoint the crash site for underwater exploration for the wreckage.

Still a long way to go.

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2014, 11:20:22 am »

If it ditched, rather than crashed hard, the wings might well remain in large chunks. Remember the tail fin of the Air France one was floating more or less intact and that was flying quite slowly when it hit the water. The relatively fragile fuselage would probably still disintegrate though (I'm assuming the sea down there isn't exactly a millpond, which means an elegant splashdown is somewhat unlikely even if attempted).

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2014, 01:12:55 pm »

IMHO...that plane is down somewhere in the wilds of one of the 'Stans, hidden away in a building. The passengers...well, I hate to think, but my guess is that they were all sacrificed in the name of religion of some sort.

The plane will be loaded with explosives and deliberately crashed into a building of high significance at a carefully chosen time..maybe even The Houses of Parliament, after all we are not immune to acts of terrorism.

IMHO, of course.

Rich
Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

Pondweed

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2014, 06:20:53 pm »

If we do not take things in the fun so much to commit suicide at once

Every day there is Thousands of deaths

It is proved that the most dangerous place is a bed. Millions of people died in a bed
Or by falling off the bed

And nevertheless we joke about beds

Jean-Pierre

Yes, makes me want to sleep on the settee!!!

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #145 on: March 20, 2014, 08:17:48 pm »

'Credible lead' in search for plane"

Is this Yes we have found definite wreckage but want to double check ? first..

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2014, 01:33:18 am »

No. This is, "there is/was something there 4 days ago, and we won't know what it is till we have checked, and so it would be wrong to jump to conclusions". It may also no longer be near the surface.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2014, 01:05:26 am »

What about this?????????

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/entertainment/books/first-book-on-mh370-mystery-blames-us-war-games-20140517-38gmf.html

Moderators might have to now move this thread to urban myths and conspiracies etc

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2014, 01:47:00 am »

>>:-(...the directors of this video should go to specsavers...... O0.........Derek

The Boeing aircraft in the video emblazoned with the Malaysia name & logo is a four engined Boeing 747-200

The Boeing aircraft of flight MH370 was a much smaller two engined Boeing 777-200

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2014, 02:49:15 am »

Derek, the 747 in your photo is either a -300 (note the extended upper deck) or a -400. If it's a -400 there would be winglets at the tips of the wings, but the wingtips are not visible in the photo. Either way, it is certainly nothing like the missing 777-200 but, to some people, a plane is a plane, is a plane, etc  etc. >>:-(

Peter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.