Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Flight MH370  (Read 30789 times)

mikearace

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Missing Flight MH370
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2014, 06:38:08 am »

Well I said at the start to a work mate 'give it a couple of months and the first conspiracy theories will emerge with the finger pointed at the US'.  Any mystery and it seems the White House is the default blame position no matter how preposterous and total lack of evidence.
Not just two wheels...........and never trust a hippie

inertia

« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2014, 09:05:07 am »

I think that perhaps the makers of the video used stock footage which they could get easily (i.e. a Malaysian Airlines 747) in the absence of that of a real 777, in much the same way as the flight crew shown in the video probably weren't members of the actual crew which was lost. One must allow for artists' license in such circumstances because, as you say, to many folk a plane is a plane is a plane.
I don't think that the truth will ever be found but that, if it is, it will be so undramatic that it will be almost incredible - certainly not in the same league as the conspiracy theorists would have it.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2014, 11:37:55 pm »

The following is a copy of the news report on ABC's Four Corners program shown on Australian TV last night,

It was observed on Malaysia's military radar. Even though contacted by Malaysia's civil aviation authority about a missing airliner, the military opted not to send one of its aircraft to investigate.
"If you're not going to shoot it down, what's the point of sending it up," Malaysian defence minister Datuk Hishamuddin Hussein told the ABC.Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/05/19/21/18/fire-unlikely-in-plane-disappearance#VkzsAFfxL2lQYZiT.99

It seems that Malaysia are at fault for not giving the details concerning the disappearance of the aircraft soon enough.

Something that concerns me and, I'm sure, most Australians, is the cost to Australia of the search for the missing aircraft. In the recent Federal Budget, an amount of A$89.9 million has been set aside for the search, which is expected to last "a long time". This in a Budget which saw extensive cuts to health and education funding, and severe reductions to essential welfare. I don't for one moment believe that the search should be called off, but why should Australia bear the brunt of the cost?

Peter.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2014, 01:00:56 am »

DM....I understand journalistic license....but feel it should be less prevalent if an acceptable or truer representation of the matter in question were available

An image of a Boeing 777 [photoshop could have added the name Malaysia & Icon] would have been more credible than an image of a Boeing 747  <*<

I'll just stick to my kitchen chores   :-X & making BBQ's for the grandchildren........Derek

PS....Peter ...have only flown in a 747-200 twice....& we were passenger's 201 to 204 inclusive & in baggage class just under the tail........ {-)
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

vnkiwi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2014, 01:01:14 am »

Hi Peter,
I'd be very sceptical re the Budget amount set aside for the cost of the search.
Costs of the military exercise, are already part of the military budget, and the only extra cost, over and above normal operating costs, (as they are standard no matter if sitting on the ground or flying for personnel and equipment), would be the extra fuel to maintain the increased flying hours required, and is only a small part of the yearly budget.
This is simply a political/accounting ploy to justify whatever the politicians are trying to achieve.
The costs of the aircraft, personnel, and ground staff, are part of your existing military budget, and occur on a yearly cycle. So, I would be asking what is this $89.9 million in the budget really being used for.
Be thankful that your military resources are being used in a positive way.
cheers :-))
If it ain't broke. Don't fix it !

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2014, 01:45:37 am »

Hi Peter,
I'd be very sceptical re the Budget amount set aside for the cost of the search.
Costs of the military exercise, are already part of the military budget, and the only extra cost, over and above normal operating costs, (as they are standard no matter if sitting on the ground or flying for personnel and equipment), would be the extra fuel to maintain the increased flying hours required, and is only a small part of the yearly budget.
This is simply a political/accounting ploy to justify whatever the politicians are trying to achieve.
The costs of the aircraft, personnel, and ground staff, are part of your existing military budget, and occur on a yearly cycle. So, I would be asking what is this $89.9 million in the budget really being used for.
Be thankful that your military resources are being used in a positive way.
cheers :-))

In true conspirator style, we are not sure they are %) %) %)
Gunna build those other boats one day.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2014, 01:48:22 am »

DM....I understand journalistic license....but feel it should be less prevalent if an acceptable or truer representation of the matter in question were available

An image of a Boeing 777 [photoshop could have added the name Malaysia & Icon] would have been more credible than an image of a Boeing 747  <*<

I'll just stick to my kitchen chores   :-X & making BBQ's for the grandchildren........Derek

PS....Peter ...have only flown in a 747-200 twice....& we were passenger's 201 to 204 inclusive & in baggage class just under the tail........ {-)

Him looka all a same to me boss O0 O0 O0 {-) {-) {-) me no fly in im plury plane %) %) %)

HawkEye

• Full Mayhemer
I've never been so sure of something I wasn't sure of...

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2014, 11:22:35 pm »

Vnkiwi, I agree with what you say about the amount quoted for the search, but it was given to us by a politician - and we all know how to tell when a politician is lying, don't we? Their lips are moving :o {-)

Actually there were other assets brought in for the search, including an underwater ROV to scan the sea bed. Who knows how much that really cost, and who paid for it?

Peter.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2015, 08:32:45 pm »

Well its been Confirmed, The Wing part found on the beach is from Flight MH370 so pretty well proof that what ever happened it happened at sea, I just hope they eventually do find the black box to see what actually happened, but if plane parts are being washed around in a huge sea current I would think they will never find the box unless still attached to the main part of the plane, if they ever find that.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2015, 08:49:41 pm »

They also reported that some suitcases were washed up but the  'Natives'  has burnt them to keep warm.

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2015, 09:27:53 pm »

They also reported that some suitcases were washed up but the  'Natives'  has burnt them to keep warm.

ken
in fairness their job is to keep the beach clean and to burn all rubbish, not to keep  warm.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2015, 12:07:20 am »

Finding the wing flap so far away from the designated search area doesn't help either...
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2015, 07:00:10 am »

Brisbane papers carried a story that months earlier, several items including suitcases, a seat and debris had been found and destroyed on the beach, by  burning.

No mention was made or any thought given to the previous items found as no one envisaged/expected MH370 wreckage ending up on the beach.

Seeing as the "finder" could not burn the "wing" probably asked the question what will I do with it and the rest is.................

GAZOU

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2015, 02:54:03 pm »

A person who knows the file  speaks but she wants to remain anonymous

She says the MH370 fell close to Australia.

The proof shells have a pocket on the stomach
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.