Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arrow Shark RTR's  (Read 2227 times)

me3

• Full Mayhemer
Arrow Shark RTR's
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:54:19 pm »

Hi, just looking at arrow sharks website, they sell a 55" Wind Rider (Sport Version) with a 6hp motor. They have tuned pipes, trim tabs, turn fins ect. What I am trying to get at is they seem like decent RTR models when compared to others yet the one I have described is only £536. Are they just as bad quality as the other RTR's?!
Cheers.

black magic racing

• Full Mayhemer
  • when winning is all . it stops being a hobby
Re: Arrow Shark RTR's
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 09:08:10 pm »

they are the better boat in the rtr lot,arrow shark have come along way and there engines run very well indeed i have one,i have had a few arrow shark boats and they are good, O0 the problem you have is the import tax which will sting you alot, >>:-( >>:-(
it all depends on what you want really,for that kind of money theres good second hand built boats for abit less,the other problem is if it all goes wrong then you are kinda stuck for bits,unless you got down the zenoah route which alot of people do do in the end,
the trouble is with most ready to run boats is they come with crap hardware and engines that you will be bored with within 5 minutes.the arrow shark ones are quick,run very well and the hardware is good, :-))
kurt and sha
FAST is never FAST enough
Black Magic Racing with BMPRS    Telford Model Boat Club
Birkenhead Model Power Boat club Vice Commodore

me3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 05:12:35 pm »

Hi again  :P
I am not really interested in buying one, I wish I looked at them when I was looking for an RTR. I was just having a nose at their boats and was shocked at how 'cheap' they are but they seem to come with a fair bit of kit on them! Cheers

MPM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
    • MillPond Models
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 04:55:28 pm »

Im bringing in some ready to run boats and fitting them out with RCMK Engines... With or without radio gear.
All Import and Tax paid with all quality parts.
Based on a Blade hull... and same hardware that everyone uses.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 10:49:01 pm »

Reece you have a RTR from me she runs over 60 mph.You have a quality boat there that will run with the best  {:-{ .You get what you pay for with rtr boats ,Cheap dont get you anything worth having and it certainly wont get you a 60 mph boat.
Mart

me3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 04:58:20 pm »

Yes, I know, I don't want one, was just curious to hear if they are any good! We are well pleased with ours   :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.