Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: D U K W  (Read 2411 times)

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
D U K W
« on: March 19, 2014, 08:05:15 pm »

Hi Guys. Just finished rewiring my D U K W what a job parts to remove then glue back in re solder the basic wheel axles also. Next job repaint parts re varnish good for the next 5 years or more.. :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Stan

subs1

• Full Mayhemer
Re: D U K W
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 06:17:19 am »

Aint it fun getting at all the fittings in awkward places  !! Not to mention tidying up spaghetti wiring .
Malcolm   NZ

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 08:48:00 pm »

Checked all wiring connections this evening all working fine. Paint work touched up and ready for the varnish coat tomorrow. :-)) :-)) :-))

george

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 05:30:53 am »

Hi Stan

Thank you for posting your DUKW and giving me the spark of interest again. Would you mind answering a few questions?
Here I go, what scale is it? Where did you get the running parts for it? What did you use for suspension? Does it also go into the water ?

Thanks For your Help/Information.
 George

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 07:31:04 am »

Hi George thank you for your interest in my DUKW. You have asked if I could supply plans for this model. Sadly the answer is no I built my model using pictures taken at Duxford  and the tank museum at Beverley. Sorry I can not help more. :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((but if you need any information at all please PM me :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Stan

RMH

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 08:03:02 am »

Hi

Deans Marine do a 1/10th scale semi-kit of a DUKW (my example was of an appallingly low standard and the hull took a lot of work to sort out). Running gear/suspension was obtained from a German company but were very expensive. http://www.mts-boenning.de/index.php?inc=inc_produkte&kategorie=D.U.K.W.&menu=menu_katalog

Rich

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.