Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electrics for a Sheerline U boat  (Read 2150 times)

Rodgearing

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Electrics for a Sheerline U boat
« on: March 22, 2014, 01:02:00 pm »

Its that time again when my Sheerline makes it appearance  and I need some 'bits' for the boat like servos for the planes steering et and other stuff.   So what do I need please.  I have made the WTC but I need guidance in populating it.
Thanks
Fred

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: Electrics for a Sheerline U boat
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 01:18:44 pm »

For servos you shouldn't require anything exotic. The inexpensive analogue models are more than adequate, and you can pick these up for a few quid these days. I believe Sheerline recommend a ball raced servo for the pinch valve, as that part puts a bit more strain on the servo than the rest of the controls.

For an ESC I would recommend Microgyros, as they have a good BEC, and wide current and voltage rating with very good low speed authority. If you can stretch to it, a leveller is worth fitting too, and they do one of those too.

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 09:08:13 pm »

For servos you shouldn't require anything exotic. The inexpensive analogue models are more than adequate, and you can pick these up for a few quid these days. I believe Sheerline recommend a ball raced servo for the pinch valve, as that part puts a bit more strain on the servo than the rest of the controls.

For an ESC I would recommend Microgyros, as they have a good BEC, and wide current and voltage rating with very good low speed authority. If you can stretch to it, a leveller is worth fitting too, and they do one of those too.

Seconded on the microgyros stuff, good value and does what it says on the tin,
Also the proprietor is very knowledgable and will certainly give you plenty of advice regarding installation etc
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Rodgearing

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 09:39:55 pm »

Not using that method to fill the tank so don't need a pinch valve.  I have an electrically operated main vent (non return valve)  and a submersible pump to evacuate the water to surface.  Sorry whats ESC and BEC stand for? Electronic servo control?  Ballast electronic control?

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 09:59:33 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.