Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shockwave 55 !  (Read 21948 times)

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Shockwave 55 !
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2007, 10:51:46 am »

Remove the idle screw and set your tickover with your radio. This will also allow you to kill the motor with your radio.
No need for a finger just close the throttle and the butterfly will do the job...
Glenn must be a bit heavy handed  ;) take up the slack in the rope first and then pull it over, should last for years, mine have 8) Good tip though, hate to loose a day at the lake because the rope breaks :(
Needles should add up to 3 as a rough guide, low 2 high 1 (that is turns out....) but a little richer won't hurt to start with.
See you are double teaming us on RCU  ;) Good advice from both forums ;D

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2007, 03:42:55 pm »

Yeah I am, as you can see by my disasters need all the help I can get, :-\ thanks for the tips, out the weekend.
Steve.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2007, 05:06:42 pm »

See these as teething troubles Steve - disasters to come. Ian was just proclaiming the joys of seeing your handywork disappear under a wave at 50+MPH to me.

What fun.......

Still, sure it won't happen to you. Have fun at the weekend, have you had the motor started yet?

Glenn

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2007, 06:26:47 pm »

That was a ripple Glenn  ::) a wave is easier to accept....
Teething troubles come to all of us, I had my mod 260 gall a few runs into its' life, lost cooling and hej presto a toasted cylinder and piston  :(
Enjoy the weekend with your boat, take it easy, out and run, bring it in, whilst cooling check ALL fasteners, run again and repeat. It will take a while but you will see what requires Loctite, a lock washer or a locknut. At the end of the day strip what you need to, flex cable out, spray with WD40 or similar, dry and store, I have a vertical tube filled with automatic transmission fluid that I use. Grease and fit before the next time out.

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2007, 06:58:34 pm »

Glenn must be a bit heavy handed  ;) take up the slack in the rope first and then pull it over, should last for years, mine have 8) Good tip though, hate to loose a day at the lake because the rope breaks :(
Needles should add up to 3 as a rough guide, low 2 high 1 (that is turns out....) but a little richer won't hurt to start with.
See you are double teaming us on RCU  ;) Good advice from both forums ;D
Would this work  Yes I know its heavy  but has anyone tried these on boats, I would like to build a scale boat in the future and was thinking about a zenoah ..

Peter
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FEMA-STARTER-FOR-ZENOAH-G260PUM_W0QQitemZ260140861246QQihZ016QQcategoryZ140971QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2007, 07:04:14 pm »

Should start the engine as it says.

I think Pete486 was messing on with one a while back, his was home made though.

Would not have it on a sport boat, as you say, it will be heavy, especially with the battery on there too.

Good novelty value though. On a big scale model or similar I guess the weight won't make any difference really, you are not after huge performance there.

Glenn.

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2007, 09:59:37 pm »

No Glenn, not started it, did not think that I could till I was at the lake as it needs to be cooled and run under load so I thought ??? might try and sneak out tomorrow on my own.
Steve.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2007, 01:56:02 am »

Have fun then. Keep us posted. I thought everyone had a little tug with some fuel in it when it was new and in the shed just to make sure it will start.

Glenn

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2007, 02:16:27 am »

Do you chaps ever run air filters ? in far distant past I ran 1/8 cars and ic boats ( fast scale) and always ran filters to stop them eating all the stuff that would float about on impacts.

Peter

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2007, 02:49:13 am »

Do you chaps ever run air filters ? in far distant past I ran 1/8 cars and ic boats ( fast scale) and always ran filters to stop them eating all the stuff that would float about on impacts.

Peter

I did on cars, never on planes or boats. Fairly clean environment on boats. Apart from the odd spring knocking about (Sorry Steve!!).

Not sure about everyone else, although I've not seen many HS93.

Glenn

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2007, 11:35:55 am »

Thanks for that Glenn,  :P
Well its pouring of rain here so not much to write today, few of us out tomorrow (hopefully),  the engines got a good spark and petrol so there is no reason why it wont start is there?? :) I have raced cars most of my life 1/8 off road and 1/5 0n road, you have to have filters on them or the motor would last about 5 Min's, but in boats you should not need them, although I have heard you can bend the rod if the motor sucks in water and locks up, but what are the chances of that happing to me :o
Steve

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2007, 02:13:39 pm »

Think positive thought Steve!!

Sure it will all be fine. Nice easy day running in and getting a couple of gallons of fuel through the motor, good way to get to grips with the new model too, as Ian said earlier, good opportunity to check all the hardware / nuts & bolts etc while the motor is cooling off.

Weather permitting of course.

Where are you running?

Glenn

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2007, 02:18:11 pm »

We will be at Coal House Fort Tilbury, salt water but a nice stretch, and we ain't been moaned at yet. ::)
Steve.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2007, 02:44:18 pm »

That's always half the battle Steve - not getting moaned at.

Have a good weekend and keep us posted on the weekend progress please.

Glenn

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2007, 12:26:21 pm »

Well you wont believe this guys !
You know I said we found a nice stretch of water where we did not get moaned at? well just got the boat out of the car when up comes the Ranger and says "You cant run that here" they have had a complaint about the noise ! well I could of cried  :'( all that work and still could not run it, worlds gone mad, all I wanted was an hour at the lake. My mate then turned up but no amount of reasoning would change his mind, so what now ? my mate took me to another lake far from Ideal but somewhere to run,  but got a tank through it, but with this engine its 10 times louder too loud, plus my Heart was not in it, I had bought this boat because we had found somewhere to run but now what do I do ? very disappointed in the boat anyway apart from being too loud its very slow, I know I am running it in, but 1/4 throttle is just as fast as full throttle, sorry to be so negative but I was expecting more from it, plus losing the lake well you can imagine how I feel, so boats chucked in the shed 2 boats up for sale now feel I have wasted a lot of money will I ever learn?
Steve.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2007, 01:41:40 am »

Right,

first off you need to find another bit of water, probably mean joing a club somewhere.

As to the speed of the boat, I'm sure it's got the potential to be hitting the 40 ish range, it just needs setting up properly. It takes time Steve, and patience.

Keep your chin up, it's good when you get one flying along, honest.

Glenn

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2007, 10:04:47 am »

Wow Steve, that's tough... New water and test, test, test. Once it's running well you will forget the hassles  ;D
Away for a week, no internet....(withdrawal symptoms already) Hope for better news when I return ;)

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2007, 05:19:28 am »

Hi all,
Boat now up for sale, look in sale area.
Thanks.

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2007, 10:48:29 pm »

Hi,
Just a quick update, found a new lake boats going well some Video of it on Youtube, posted by WayneUK01 so boats deffinitely not up for sale anymore.
Biscuit
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.