Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS...........OR MADNESS IN THE EXTREME.  (Read 8285 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS...........OR MADNESS IN THE EXTREME.
« on: March 29, 2014, 09:42:56 pm »

I WATCHED this programme..a special from Top gear a week or so ago, ..............and found the whole thing fascitating....Clarkeson is like Marmite.........

but this report is just utter madness...............UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! 

sorry can't get the link to work, but the just of it was that the three were sent out to build a bridge over the river kwai..but as usual they cocked it up and built one over another river.....however the "team" did build a bridge and then the object of the exercise was to drive the three trucks they had bought over ther..across the bridge......at one point as one of the heavy trucks was  driving over and the bridge was sloping to one side.clarkeson was heard to say "there's a hell of a slope on that bridge, he should have gone last".........an Asian actress has put in a formal complaint to the BBC and the police for a racial comment because "slope" is a derogatory nickname in Asian parlance for someone of the Asian race..............

Has this world gone mad........someone will be making a complaint against us on here soon if we don't build our models exactly right.....gawd I have more slopes on my decks than Everest?????

the world has gone utterly bonkers!!!!!!

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
Re: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS...........OR MADNESS IN THE EXTREME.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 11:04:51 pm »

I tottaly agree Neil, MADNESS in the extreme.
                 Regards Howard.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 11:12:07 pm »

You think you have it bad, we donkeys in OZ are so close behind you we are in danger of overtaking you. >>:-( >>:-(

Example, we have a very popular and good brand of cheese called Coon.

Some aboriginal laid a complaint via anti discrimination legislation that coon was Racial and derogatory, In America "Coon" may = Negro, in Australia never, Abo is aboriginal or as they (aboriginals) say "me Black fella". O0

The crazy bit is the donkey who brought the action almost succeeded, until the populace's voices rose in opposition and the judiciary disallowed the claim. Transpired that the claimant was considering running for politics and wanted to be "known".

Well he is now, known alright. {-) {-) O0 O0
Gunna build those other boats one day.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 11:12:44 pm »

ANY RIGHT MINDED JUDGE WILL THROW THAT COMPLAINT OUT WITH THE CONTEMPT IT DESERVES!!!!!!!! >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*<

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 11:38:06 pm »

It must be us allowing these things,or rather our Government making laws and rules on our behalf,or should I say on behalf of our European rulers.
      They govern what we do,say,or see. Take the News, two weeks ago a plane is lost with over 200 people aboard,most people want to know what happened to it,.....the news tonight priority item 2 men getting married to each other.
     I will get shot down in flames over this statement,but why? Is it something I said?
   I cant stand Clarkson and co,to my way of thinking they really are a waste of BBC Funds,but I didnt know that was racist until someone blew it up.
   What I found more offensive was the fact that thousands died making the Burma Railway,and the infamous Bridge on the River Kwai,why were these buffoons allowed to dishonour them,by picking that area and turning it into a comedy show?
Mick F

inertia

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 09:36:17 am »

Clarkson is an oaf, although I do find him funny on the odd occasion. I've watched this little episode a couple of times and I agree that if you didn't know that "slope" is offensive to Asians then it doesn't seem like anything untoward - just a little weird. When you do, however, it's pretty clear that he was trying to be funny in his usual juvenile manner. The way Hammond jumped in straight afterwards with his 'explanation' only highlighted the intended double entendre. I do wonder just how many people knew about the offending word, though - I've never heard it used in that context and there is a pretty large Asian community here in Nottingham.

Top Gear is by far the largest-selling BBC show world-wide, and I'm afraid its main attraction is the interplay between the three ageing delinquents. The Beeb might go as far as a public apology from some faceless functionary and a private finger-wagging but there ain't no way they will do anything more. That would simply drive Clarkson, Hammond, May and The Stig straight into Murdoch's arms. As for suing for a million quid, good luck with that, madam! The word "over-reaction" springs to mind.

DM

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 12:14:54 pm »

I would imagine that all of this story is just a publicity vehicle from the BBC to raise the profile of the programme - the only thing worse than bad publicity is NO publicity.

It's probably just some deliberately staged controversy to boost the viewing figures.

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 12:17:42 pm »

Yep, sliding down a slippery errrrrrrr   embankment.

Regards   Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 12:56:19 pm »

At Mayhem a few years ago Ron Dean was very entertaining on the subject of the thought police complaining about the lack of women in his sets of WW2 crew figures!
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life;
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps 'em on the knife.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 01:22:45 pm »

Yep, sliding down a slippery errrrrrrr   embankment bridge/incline gradient  Regards   Ian.

no!! simple................. slope will do for me, with the knowledge that at least I know what I mean to say without some pc brigadier taking it out of all context and enlightening me and millions of others to a different meaning and connotation that I would never have guessed had they not opened their own sadly deluded self persecuted mind, {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 01:42:48 pm »

Trouble is, when all us old f**ts are gone, there won't be any complaints about political correctness. "Forgive them Lord for they know not how it was."

Regards   Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 01:49:29 pm »

Trouble is, when all us old f**ts are gone, there won't be any complaints about political correctness. "Forgive them Lord for they know not how it was."

Regards   Ian.

less of the old, young man.......... {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 03:16:55 pm »

If she didn't like the programme or comment she should have hit the off button on her TV - that's what it's there for

I thought it was a great episode and long may Top Gear continue  :}

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 03:21:27 pm »

:-)) When Mr Clarkson lived near me I saw him perform,he was in a garage and his attitude towards us mire mortals was nothing less than disgraceful,I don't watch his programme and I would not if you paid me too,manners cost nothing no matter who you are,Ray. >:-o >:-o     
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 03:38:12 pm »

watch it lads or you will all be censored by the man from china  human rights ha ha

timgarrod

• Full Mayhemer
    • Alvaston Pirates Model Boat Club
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 04:09:28 pm »

I bet she didn't even see it, just heard about in the news and then thought I make a quick buck

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Marineville will be destroyed, Muahahaha.....
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 04:32:47 pm »

Just noticed that this woman lives in Tower Hamlets, a hotbed of extreme left stupidity if ever there was one, and she is Indian, not oriental, the only time I have heard the term slope in relation to oriental folk is in Francis Ford Coppola's brilliant movie Apocalypse Now. and there was a slope on the bridge, from left to right. And finally, our American cousins call racoons 'coons'.....
What I do is best not discussed, for I have been many things in my time....

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 06:22:59 pm »

Has this world gone mad........someone will be making a complaint against us on here soon if we don't build our models exactly right.....gawd I have more slopes on my decks than Everest?????

OOOOOOOOOOOOO - dont let colin hear you say that  %)
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 07:28:49 pm »

ok2 I have just painted the hull of my boat red am I in trouble or should I paint it blue or maybe green,Ray. {-) {-)

surfs up

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2014, 09:04:26 pm »

ok2 I have just painted the hull of my boat red am I in trouble or should I paint it blue or maybe green,Ray. {-) {-)
To be on the safe side you should go for a rainbow effect  O0 O0

Surf

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2014, 09:11:48 pm »

:-)) Oh god I just noticed it has a red flag at the stern,wait a minute I am OK it's got a little union jack in the top corner,that was close, I have to watch in future big brother and all that,Ray. {-) {-) {-)   

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2014, 09:48:14 pm »

Regards   Ian.

Amen, And therein is what they are banking on.

The current and future generations will know no better, namely, That gay is not to be happy, rainbow is not a colour spectrum, marriage is not between a man and a woman and so it goes etc etc.

There is still time, to call a spade is a spade.

If those that know remain silent then evil will prosper.

The Returned Serviceman's League here has a motto "The price of Liberty is Eternal Vigilance" :-)) :-)) :-))

Liberty encompasses all freedoms.

Example it is being acknowledged that "feminism" is a disater so to will be Political Correctness.

When encountering political correctness ask the user what they mean, such as I am "empowered", yes by what and how, what is empowering is it an engine you get the drift.

Bottom line never roll over or shut up.  %% %% %%   {-) {-) {-)

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/human-rights-commissioner-tim-wilson-says-race-hate-laws-are-bizarre-unequal-20140329-35qeb.html

Gunna build those other boats one day.

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2014, 10:44:24 pm »

As a Christian, I object to the references to God and Christ as swear terms.
Where is the political correctness that stops this?
It is apparently OK to slander and insult white people but if one is of a slighty different race then the whole of the law can be thrown at whoever insults you.
What I do object to is racial and cultural discrimination that treats others unfairly.   
There is a big difference.
The big arguement here, at the moment is where does 'Free Speech' end and 'Racism' begin?
I will probably be moderated for this comment in the name of political correctness.

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2014, 10:57:20 pm »

Professional Offense, and mindless Political Correctness are two things that irritate the hell out of me - and I'm only 20!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.