Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Herbal cigarettes  (Read 20055 times)

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Herbal cigarettes
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2007, 12:04:17 am »

I have to say gents this has been one of the most moving threads I have ever read. 

Dicky I really think your post took a lot of courage as you wouldn't want to be seen as feeling sorry for yourself but it gives such a powerful picture to anyone who is still a smoker.  I myself stopped for six years then started again when I spent some time with an American girlfriend who smoked a lot.  She left but the habit remained!!

I had to go through the whole process again and I have now been off them for about eight years but last night I did a bar-b-q for my lot as I am going home on Sunday and to have something to eat outside on the deck with the warm sun going down and a glass of red in my hand I could have murdered for a cigarette.  I have always been convinced that you are a smoker for life, whether you are actually smoking or not and you need to realise that if you are going to stay off them.

I thank you whole heartedly Dicky for sharing your life with us and maybe just making a difference to someone out there who might just be spared what you are going through.  Don't think for a minute though that you don't have plenty to offer, writing to this forum and encouraging youngsters to enjoy our hobby and passing on your time and experience is worth it's weight.

One thing that made me think was Colins comment about a Dicky D day and Shanes comments.  How many times do you see an add for a load of model stuff up for grabs and the reason given is that they had to give up for health reasons?  I think it is really sad that there aren't enough people in thier lives who cannot find it in themselves to take them down to the pond in a wheelchair, take thier boats and gear, sit them on the bank, stick a radio in thier hand and let them enjoy thier hobby for a couple of hours.

We don't do enough for each other nowadays and it saddens me the more I see it.

"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2007, 12:58:15 am »

DickyD at Whitely
He is the one smiling with transmitter in his hand while his boy needs the wheelchair after all the running round.  :)

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3599.0;attach=9612;image

Bob
Officially a GOG.

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2007, 12:05:35 pm »

Good post Richard, should be made into a poster for schools. Respect for your willingness to put yourself out there.
I gave up the weed in February after 30 years, no regrets and no feelings for it. I now describe myself as a non-smoker not an ex-smoker. Biggest problem was what to do with my hands, I get more done now. Just a few kilos of "giving up smoking weight gain" to get rid of and I'll be a happy camper.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.