Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ex RN  (Read 1188 times)

Rodgearing

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Ex RN
« on: April 01, 2014, 09:33:21 am »

Hi All
Thanks for letting me return to your Forum.
Me:
Ex RN (Royal Navy) 24 years man and boy well almost, 23 years and 8 months to be exact, joined up at 16 left at 40.
Served as a submariner on HMS/M Revenge first commission, Repule,  Then joined diesel boats as a sonar bender (maintainer)  served on Finwhale, Otter and Otus before leaving to join Plessey Marine, then VSEL on a variety of submarine sonar work left work 2002 took early retirement moved to France back in the UK after ten years, now in Cornwall.
Like all aspects of large marine modelling re built a big trawler then sold it!  Built the Robbe type 2A very labour intensive all that wood carving hull nonsense built it then stripped it down to use some of the bits else where.  Built the Imara tug lots of bits on there of my own making like the deck etc.  Now trying to reactivate an old Sheerline Mk7 U boat sold to me just as a hull.  Spent hours experimenting with 'home brew' ballast systems I think I have it sussed now but the prove etc  ok2 ok2.  Now like to get the electronics sussed and in the water to trawl the depths of Siblyback lake here in Cornwall.
Don't belong to any club but if any Cornwallins won't to start a club I'll help out all I can.
Fred

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Me
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 01:06:13 pm »

I think the problem with home brew ballast systems is the lack of ballast as the day progresses through the consumption of the home brew as time passes. :-)
Grendel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.