Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raboesch Bow thruster 108  (Read 1952 times)

Robin smith

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Raboesch Bow thruster 108
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:34:49 pm »

Can anyone advise me please.

I have a problem with my Raboesch bow thruster which I am fittied to my 1/12 Severn lifeboat. The motor gear is not full engaging with the horizontal gear and there appears to be some markings on the gear which could indicate that they have not meshed properly and are damaged. I screwed down the motor tight to the housing and there seems to be intermittent drive. The horizontal spindle is perfectly free.

I see that there are a spares pt number of RAB108-34 which is both gears.

I cant see how one undoes the props from the shaft...and ideas and help would be appreciated.

Regards

Robin

kinmel

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Raboesch Bow thruster 108
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:26:18 am »

Your problem is that there is too much play on the propeller axle, it should barely move from side to side.

Each prop is held in place by an Allen grub screw, you need to shorten an Allen key to get it in.

To dismantle it, you only need to remove the prop from the side opposite the bevel gear on the cross shaft, but I had to take both props off because I removed the wrong one first.  >:-o

The play between the 2 bevel gears is managed by how much space you leave when re-fitting the props. If it is too loose the gears slip and wear out.

Expensive experience has taught me that the gears last much longer if run from a 6 volt battery. 

Robin smith

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Raboesch Bow thruster 108
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 09:29:48 am »

Thanks Alan I will give this a try. Regards Robin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.