Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Model LifeBoat Rally, Stockport or wherever.  (Read 1885 times)

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
The Model LifeBoat Rally, Stockport or wherever.
« on: May 08, 2014, 04:38:56 pm »

In taking notice of events in the south west last weekend, I was wondering if "The International Lifeboat Rally" was going to take place this year at Stockport or anywhere for that matter; or has that gone nipples up as well?

I did suggest to various people that it could be moved to New Brighton and be held on the Marine Lake there. This might have revived to some extent at least, the atmosphere of Southport, with the added bonus of viewing real ships as well. However, it appears that ego's and enthusiasm, lack of, have scuppered that - to my great surprise.   

LB

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: The Model LifeBoat Rally, Stockport or wherever.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 04:59:52 pm »

I don't think any club has title to that show Jon, and as such, if New brighton lads want to resurrect the show and bring it back to it's original format of scale boats on the Saturday and lifeboats on the sunday as it was when Des Newton and John Dochra were the main organisers I don't think anyone in the modelling world would object.........

SO!!, C'MON YOU NEW BRIGHTON LADS..HOW'S ABOUT IT........IT USED TO BE A WONDERFUL 2 DAY SHOW.

Neil.

slinger

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 07:56:05 pm »

In the latest edition of the LIFEBOAT ENTHUSIAST'S SOCIETY Newsletter issue 1/14 on page 24 under modelling matters, by Adrian Clutterbuck, it lists the International Lifeboat Rally due to be held on Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 June 2014 at Salford Quays, Manchester - contact Chris Gutteridge.

This was also in the previous edition and I have tried several time to contact Chris without success to confirm whether this is on or not?
I don't know if anyone else has had any luck in confirming whether it is on or not?

If it is on it would be great if one of the old lifeboats could make it up the ship canal so we could have a kook around or possibly run a few trips around the dock :}
Graham

Adrians Figures

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 09:05:54 pm »

I regret the information I was told about this event  I now find was untrue!  I have also tried to contact Chris without success by email or phone.  Does anyone know where he is or his contact details.
I only wish event organizers would keep me informed and be honest with updates  :(( :(( <:(

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 10:33:30 pm »

not your fault Adrian that there is so much subterfuge about this event ( or lack of it) and the problems that are going on with the club that has hosted it for the past few years....just a shame that they can't come clean and say........WE don't wanna do it any more so could someone else please take it on.......no shame in admitting that..........after all Southport did it and didn't loose face. {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

slinger

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 10:32:52 am »

I totally agree with Neil, it is not your fault Adrian, you can only pass on what you are told?  Lets hope someone else or club are prepared to take it on?
Graham

Adrians Figures

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 08:11:45 pm »

Hi everyone, a couple of points on this event.  Firstly the LBES are not involved in the organization of this event in any way, it is purely a Chis Gutteridge event.  In 2012/2013 it was organized together with Ethrow MBC.  I now have 2013 prize winners wishing to return trophies for the next event and ringing me for advise and yet I have nothing to do with it.   Any advise?
Chris Gutteridge was also named in the LBES magazine as the lifeboat model contact for the Haydock Park model boat show in August 2014.   Again this was information I was given to publish which now also appears to be untrue.   Anyone wishing to display lifeboats at Haydock Park please contact Arthur and Jean Barlow direct.  They are the show organizers.
Thanks for the kind words already mentioned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.