Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: scam  (Read 2711 times)

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
scam
« on: May 11, 2014, 05:19:03 pm »

had a letter from  src po box 12956 Kansas city  ks 66112 2956 usa  stating that I had  won £735...3oo ..00and asking for a £10 fee told them to take it out of my winnings   posted it off unstamped  that should please them   you have been warned    :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: PS that is three now from the usa must be in there good books or thay think I am stupid 

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: scam
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 05:51:49 pm »

hope you added some additional weight to the envelope. That really pleases them  8)
Don't Assume Check

inertia

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 07:29:41 pm »

Looks like you weren't alone, Gordon  http://www.scambook.com/company/view/82992/SRC-po-box-12956-kansas-city-ks-66112-2956-usa
I hope the guy responsible has more luck with his (honest?) day-job. As a scammer he is hopeless!
DM

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 08:55:16 pm »

Lee Evans said it best. He said that when you get junk mail you should take a crap in the envelope and send it back with a message reading 'you send me your s*** and I will send you some of mine!'
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 09:38:58 am »

Or load it with the days junk mail.  I am sure that they would be pleased to know the forthcoming bargains from Lidl and the great offers from the local curry house.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

mook

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 10:59:33 am »

If I cashed in on all the lotteries I had won? I could have retired years ago <*<

discovery man

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 06:11:46 pm »

i got a letter saying my uncle had died...in japan..cycling accident...i told them i did not know any uncle by that name...two weeks later another letter came...in another name saying my uncle had died again in japan..leaving me some money.saying i had to pay up front...i told them to stop sending any more letters as its a scam....a month later another one came same old story another uncle of mine had died in japan..took it to the local police....the letters then stopped....crazy..............

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 06:37:00 pm »

{:-{ Two years ago I got a phone call from a guy telling me I won £250 in a raffle,I told him where to go in no uncertain terms,three days later I got a cheque in the post then I remembered I had entered a raffle for an animal rescue charity,oh dear silly me had to phone them up to apologise,still the money came in handy,Ray. {:-{
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

discovery man

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 07:41:43 pm »

theirs so many scams these days tho...its how they get to know your name and address...all the letters i received from some one in london?...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.