Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stupid stupid boy  (Read 2159 times)

Z750Jay

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
stupid stupid boy
« on: May 15, 2014, 09:04:44 am »

Morning
Thought I would get this in before TriumphJon. ok2
Had a rather expensive opps last night. When launching ones DF65 I managed to not notice my controller neck strap was caught on the rudder.
DX6i's do not float but the most stupid bit was jumping in after it and as I was doing so only then thinking "how deep is this water".
Lucky it was only knee deep. Unlucky I killed the transmitter even after all the usual TLC after salt water contamination( I get to do this regularly as part of my day job so have the tools etc at work)
Wifey took pity and let me buy another but has anyone else done something  stupid ?

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
Re: stupid stupid boy
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:12:33 am »

TBH
I think we all have done something stupid at the lakeside  >>:-(

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

reg

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 11:44:49 am »

You are never too old

To learn something stupid  O0

Reg

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 10:14:51 pm »

i wasnt going to let the world know of your misfortune , most people only launch the model , not the tx and themselves too , pity we didnt have a camera , it would have been worth the ybf fee , and given fellow mayhemers a good laugh too !  will the new tx be here before saturday ?

Z750Jay

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 10:43:24 pm »

Might be here tomorrow but I have my planet 5 as a spare. Popped into Fratton Model centre to get some glue and motor for my corvette and a TX appeared with a rubber duck attached. Hmmmmmm

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Shiver me timbers...I've spilt me glue!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 10:43:41 pm »

Stupid...yeah, building boats... {-)

Si:)
My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 11:31:47 pm »

Last summer I launched a boat in the lake, turned around to pick up the TX and experiencing dead sticks realised I had not turned on the RX buy this time she had drifted just out of arms reach, then had to wait 3/4 hour for the breeze to blow her to the other side of the lake with passers by saying things like nice model is it easy to control,, what can I say I'm 69 enough said %%

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 10:06:28 am »

{-) Some years back a boat I had got stuck in the weed (there was a lot of weed back then),so yours truly puts on the waders to go and retrieve said boat, about 30ft into the lake I trod into a hole, so boat stuck in weed me stuck in mud, took 30 mins to get myself unstuck,managed to get the boat back with fishing line,felt so silly and the boys had a good laugh for a few weeks,we have all had our silly days all part of the game,just remember the good ones,Ray. %% %% %%   
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 05:26:35 pm »

learned my lesson....."Never show off at the lake" {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

an old mate of mine whom I shall not mention by name as he was a staff coxswain for the RNLI was ribbing me one day about my scale boats..........as he was sailing a beautiful A class yacht of 1930's vintage with mahogany polished hull, and I in a whim challenged him to a race to the other end of Fleetwood lake with my trawler ( about the same size as Mountfleets st nectan)

I'll have a cup o' tea waiting for you at the other end I said as I took my first step forward.............sadly I hadn't looked where I was standing..........and my first step was my last.......in dry clothes...........I had just stepped straight into the lake..............at least I kept my transmitter dry lol.........but I was blowing bubbles........

My mate actually collapsed onto the ground in hysterical laughter, tears streaming down his face............

good job it was a warm summers morning,  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 05:48:27 pm »

Hi, Once is a mistake, twice is carelessness. ( My old boss when I was an apprentice) nemesis.

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 06:00:52 pm »

:-)) Reminds me of the one I was taught as an apprentice "measure twice cut once",back to the subject, to be a serious model boater you have to get your feet wet once in a while some of us more than once,happy sailing,Ray. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) 
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.