Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Bryony Revell 1/72 Build  (Read 2691 times)

Z750Jay

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
HMS Bryony Revell 1/72 Build
« on: May 15, 2014, 11:04:50 pm »

Hi all
This is the start of my second build (first was a Springer). Went of the Corvette as it seems that everyone has built one at one time and I like the model. I want to have at least the fwd turret moving, sound and as much else as I can squeeze into the hull.
After opening up the box and thinking, darn that's a lot of parts, I sat down and worked out a rough plan having spent the last few days looking at all the other builds on the net. So far all I have done is phase tape the 4 bits of hull together and drill out the prop shaft so I can get a idea of how much space I have to play with. I know its a small space compared to most but it's twice what I am used too - the springer was about half of that!
Currently working out how to mod the fwd superstructure for access. Much to ponder on.

Z750Jay

• Full Mayhemer
Re: HMS Bryony Revell 1/72 Build
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 12:32:30 pm »

Update time. Did not go with the Bryony and have gone with one of the Free French ones. So far have the hull all in one bit, prop shaft roughly fitted and the rudder in. Worked out how to make the fwd and aft guns to rotate to geather to the same dirrection. Currently making the 'middle' bit of deck removable and water resistant using thin rubber, waterproof grease and rare earth magnets

klz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 12:44:24 pm »

Hi, do you have any photos of your build I would be interested in seeing any if you have. I just finished an italeri MAS 568 converted to RC took it for its maiden voyage yesterday and was seriously under powered I am now look at putting a brushless motor in it.

Z750Jay

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 05:46:04 pm »

Should be able to get some photos this weekend - currently sorting out the house as the wife has been away on a business trip this week and the corvette build seems to have spread around the house a bit something SWMBO will not be impressed with.
(Dining table is covered in sprues, the kitchen side has the RC gear mockup, the living room has the model itself across both seaties and the spare room has the Dragonforce yacht spread about to dry after washing last nights briny water off)
Oh and the four cats have helped move stuff about as well.
Back to work

Z750Jay

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 04:32:19 pm »

Due to RL and work intervening I did not get hardly anything done over the last week.
Here is a photo of the start of the removable foredeck connection method using magnets. Eventually there will be a run of magnets all the way around and a strip of rubber inboard of the magnets forming a gully. A bit of waterproof grease and hopefully most of the water will stay out
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.