Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I O M TT RACES  (Read 5677 times)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
Re: I O M TT RACES
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2014, 10:03:01 am »

Soory to miss that one Neil, I was on the database which is not updated with this years yet :embarrassed: Still these are brave guys and I do love what they achieve. Only once was I lucky enough to go there back in the 1970's.

Thr trip over on the ferry was fun, you got a sticker on your petrol tanks saying 'tank pumped' and a signature- the Steam Packet Company would not allow fuelled bikes on board the ferries so pumped out the petrol tanks on the dockside. Thne had the audacity to sell the fuel back to you (they never paid you for what they pumped out) on the landing dockside! %%

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2014, 10:33:36 am »

I am amazed that, in this day and age of ultra conservative health and safety regulations, the event has been allowed to continue.

If it was in the UK I'm sure it would have been stopped, or severely restricted, long ago.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2014, 12:09:39 pm »

Writing in CAPITALS on the internet is shouting.

Chris

If the whole text was in capitals, yes 1 of 2 things, Could not be bothered to change text and retype, It happens..
Or  there were only certain parts in Capitals which I would not consider shouting when taken in context of the whole post..  In normal cionversations one's voice does go higher if trying to empasise a point. 

:-))

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2014, 01:45:41 pm »

Soory to miss that one Neil, I was on the database which is not updated with this years yet :embarrassed: Still these are brave guys and I do love what they achieve.

I am not in disagreement with anything you say there brian.....I am in immense awe at what they and the manufacturers achieve..........I just feel that the circuit and their riding gear could be made a lot safer. neil.

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2014, 06:55:48 pm »

And the speed the Electric bikes got up to was amazing.

Len.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.