Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Tiger King  (Read 5399 times)

Gazza

• Full Mayhemer
  • If its to windy to fly I'm boating
New Tiger King
« on: June 05, 2014, 02:00:45 pm »

Hi All

Any one got or built / running a King Tiger from Dave . . Just got mine and it says read instructions ?. .  What instructions . .  so loads of bits what goes where ?

as in where on the engine does every  thing go ?like the water jacket . .  4 holes ? and on the box it  says  “in order to operate this model correctly please read the  operating Manual thoroughly before you start to use it “ like the carb . . blue spacer . .  two plastic nylon .  .  a gasket 6 water nipples with O rings spark plug ( I  know where  that goes LOL )    . .  and then 6 Allen bolts  different  size’s with rubber O rings . .  then a Pull start with  spacers . . .  Its all new to me so . . . . and what goes where  ? Regards Gary 

retired and loving it

tmbc

• Full Mayhemer
    • www.tmbc.org.uk
Re: New Tiger King
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 10:17:45 pm »

hi gazza

the water jacket only requires 2 outlets on it you should have some grub screws (make sure you put a little thread lock on them !)

the allen bolts 4 of them are for the carb and blue block with 2 white gaskets make sure you use the locking washers on the bolts the two longer bolts hold the carb on

you will need a coil mount for the coil and a set of engine mounts along with a throttle arm set from dave to complete

i would send you pictures of mine but ive had to lend it back to dave (he had a fire last weekend and lost a lot boats and moulds ) he should have all the about bits to complete

one last thing when running the engine make sure you us oil ratio 16-1   

mark 
BMPRS  Health and Safety Co-Ordinator

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 07:05:23 pm »

Hi Gary

You will find Mark very helpful here as he is that kind of bloke :-))
As I don't own this particular engine it is difficult for me to be able to help you. However, I am going to make a contribution here in the hope that the photos shown may be of some use. The photos here show a Zenoah engine with all of the bits from Dave Marles. Even though these are different engines I suspect that the concepts will be similar in terms of your new engine. Mark (or anyone else), please correct me on any assumptions I make that are wrong {:-{

This photo shows the Zenoah engine with the pull start attached (sits at the bow end of the boat). Note that the pull start mechanism does not bolt directly to the crankcase of the engine. Between the pull start and engine sits the CNC alloy engine mounting plate (one of two plates bolted to front and back of engine with 4 bolts each plate). The pull start is bolted to this front mounting plate with four separate tapped holes . Some pull starts need spacers to get them to sit at the correct distance to engage the flywheel.

Mark mentioned the coil mount needed. In the photo above, that mount is a CNC alloy bracket holding that grey housing with the lead to the spark plug.

This second photo shows the Zenoah engine in the boat. At top of the photo you can see the Carb bolted onto the intake section of the crank case with the insulating block (the black bit just above the cylinder head). With this engine that insulating block is retained with two separate bolts. The Carb is retained with two longish bolts and lock washers also.

At the bottom of this image you can see the water cooled flange containing the exhaust header pipe.

Enough from me. I am sorry that I don't have experience of your new engine. But I do hope that my contribution here is at least of some help and perhaps gives some pointers.

Cheers
Craig :-)

Forget all insults, always remember compliments.

Brigadair

• Full Mayhemer
  • Race to enjoy; winning is a bonus!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 08:03:00 pm »

Hi all.
Think you did a good job of explaining the zen set up Craig. Like you say, the similarities with the TK ENGINE should help people with general principles and set up.

Well done Craig with the pics.

Finally you need to race that boat!!! It's too good to sit as a photo relic!!!!! Lol!!!!

Garry
Best regards
Garry Dickson (BMPRS Committee member and Webmaster)

bigtee

• Shipmate
  • BTR PACER
    • http://www.bigteeracing.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 09:41:01 pm »

evening Craig

please correct me if i am wrong but looking at the zenoah pictures , IF  you have the water incomming from the tube that is fitted to the water jacket ( carb side on the picture , you need to turn the jacket arround , so the water enters the jacket at the lowest point and goes out at the highest point  O0 O0

hope all is well by the way  :-)) :-)) :-))

cheers tony
race it like you stole it ................
Big Tee E 58   D 46
www.bigteeracing.com

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 10:00:24 pm »

Hi Tony

You made a well observed point. The silicone tube shown in my photo is in fact routed to the outlet of the boat. The inlet feed tube (not shown in the photo as nipple not connected) does in fact supply the lower nipple as seen unattached in the lower left hand side of the cylinder head photo2.

Of course I do agree that it would be better if the jacket was turned around. However in this case with water flowing copiously out of both exits (and with the tubing being neatly secured not shown in these photos) this boat has had no issues with cooling.

Cheers
Craig

bigtee

• Shipmate
  • BTR PACER
    • http://www.bigteeracing.com/
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 02:18:13 pm »

hi craig

good job i put the IF in there   %% %% %% %% %% %% %%
race it like you stole it ................
Big Tee E 58   D 46
www.bigteeracing.com

craig dickson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 03:00:53 pm »

Nice one Tony  :} :} :}
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.