Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 1472 times)

Steamed_Mumby

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hello everyone!
« on: June 05, 2014, 11:36:38 pm »

Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Richard from Leeds! Looks like a great site!

I'm very much new to RC boating, I've been itching to get into steam RC boating ever since I saw one on a day out in Scarborough as a young lad. Anyway, earlier this week by chance I spotted a rather nice looking steam tug on ebay and decided to place a bid, and lo and behold I won it! I've had some experience with steam engines in the past and work as a professional engineer so ultimately I hope to have ago at building one myself one day, but for now, I couldn't resist this to have a play with (I don't suppose anyone recognises it? The sellers name is "bartapuss", a members name on here I notice, but it seems they've been inactive for some time :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Live-Steam-model-tug-boat-radio-controlled-model-engineering-myford-/171342144200?ViewItem=&item=171342144200&nma=true&si=bc03xUStSVn7o1JdWSxfk%252FP37ms%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers

Richard  :-)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 03:14:20 am »

That's a very impressive steam plant Richard  :-)) & welcome to MBM...........I am sure other Mayhem members would be very interested in viewing some larger & clearer images of the complete setup when you take delivery

In particular, I am interested in the lubrication systems, but have certain concerns with the viscosity of the lubricating oil feeding through such small bore diameter capillary tubing ...............Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Jerry C

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 06:43:12 am »

My thoughts? Envy, greed, jealousy and sorrow. What a bargain! What a model!  Yes please, detailed pics when you can, a few things to learn in that hull I think. Oh and welcome to the forum.
If the steam oil can leak so easily and copiously through the hypodermic needle into the felt in the bottom of the draw in my support box, then I think that lube system will probably be ok. Let us know when you've had it on the water a bit.
Jerry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.