The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Seaport Tugs

This is my seaport tug after upgrades

(1/2) > >>

rhardy67:
Just changed out the toy electronics to hobby grade and i like how it turn out , put in a HOBBYWING QUICRUN WP1625 R/C Fwd & Rev W/BEC Brushed 100A ESC and Nx Metal Gear Digital 13kg Servo MG946 High Torque and using a FLYSKY Transmitter FS-GT2B 2.4Ghz radio system , stayed with stuck motor and using Traxxas powercell 5000 Manh nimh 8c battery . Hears a short video of it on water for the first time after upgrades http://youtu.be/NKHOni8Qvlo
This is a still work in progress  .

tugboat pete:
Hello there rhardy67 and welcome to mayhem you seem to be getting on with that mod i would advise to remove the ballast tank and isopon the inlets closed hope all goes well best regards. tugboat pete YAAAARG

rhardy67:

--- Quote from: tugboat pete on June 14, 2014, 04:50:27 pm ---Hello there rhardy67 and welcome to mayhem you seem to be getting on with that mod i would advise to remove the ballast tank and isopon the inlets closed hope all goes well best regards. tugboat pete YAAAARG

--- End quote ---
Thought about removing the ballast tank but that where the battery sits  on . if i would remove it how much weight would i have to add ?

tugboat pete:
yes i understand but if you cut out the ballast tank use isopon p36 to fill the inlet slots you will be able to fit a battery lower into the hull im posting my ballast weights position you may find that you wont have to use so much taking into account the battery weight have a look at my posts on this mod hope all goes well good luck and keep on pulling YAAAARG.

rhardy67:

--- Quote from: tugboat pete on June 15, 2014, 05:21:16 pm ---yes i understand but if you cut out the ballast tank use isopon p36 to fill the inlet slots you will be able to fit a battery lower into the hull im posting my ballast weights position you may find that you wont have to use so much taking into account the battery weight have a look at my posts on this mod hope all goes well good luck and keep on pulling YAAAARG.

--- End quote ---
The battery i use is a traxxas 8c 5000 mah nimh battery and is alot longer than what your use . mind sets on top of the ballast tray between the 2 blue strips of rc wheel weight .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version