Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scratch build hover craft  (Read 3855 times)

DarrenCarter2

• Inactive
  • Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Scratch build hover craft
« on: April 20, 2014, 11:30:24 pm »

Hi guys thought I'd up load some of my photos of a build I have been doing of a hover craft, I was lent a set of plans by a friend for a griffon 600 hover craft it's been quite a nice build, got stuck in a few areas dad had to help me or I would have had to restart, I work night shifts and I hadn't been to sleep decided it was a good idea to start building and gluing bulkheads in fair to say I was wrong after dad left me a few days of a struggling to work out either to bin it and start again dad stepped in and showed me how I could correct some off my mistakes that would effect it.
Safe to say I learnt a valuable lesson even tho I'm 28 and think I no more than my father ( baring in mind he's been an engineer since he was 16 and started building boats in early 1970s) I'm not up to his level and still have a lot to learn lol.

Anyway basically my build is of the griffon 600 made from 2mm lite ply, it's going to running on a 2800kv out runner motor with a six and half inch three blade prop, also two cell 7.4 5000mah lipos to power it lift and thrust will be powered by the same moto.

My plans are to finsh this hovercraft and my other 9-10 projects I have on the bench at the moment lol and then build a hovercraft like the Royal Marines one :)

The colours I have chosen for this hovercraft are very bright to say the least it's purely as this project is abit of fun just to see what one goes like and to have a laugh hope u enjoy pictures

DarrenCarter2

• Inactive
  • Shipmate
Re: Scratch build hover craft
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 11:31:43 pm »

And some more

DarrenCarter2

• Inactive
  • Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 11:32:38 pm »

And more

DarrenCarter2

• Inactive
  • Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 11:19:25 am »

Paint finished not over ally happy as the masking tape leaked in few areas and had to patched up not my best paint job but looks ok for a fun project just need to seal the underside with some paint that I have been given to help water proof the wood and stick the skirt on and job done :) servo and motor are back in already

Krishna

• aqua plannerrrr....................
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 05:08:37 pm »

its nice..
in sheer ecstasy of being a powerful,mushy,masculine trans woman of substance...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.