Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BE AFRAID....BE VERY AFRAID!!!!!  (Read 3368 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
BE AFRAID....BE VERY AFRAID!!!!!
« on: June 10, 2014, 07:07:47 pm »

You've heard the old film line............."I think we need a bigger boat"...........

Well, I think we do??

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/great-white-shark-devoured-mystery-monster-off-australia-091703912.html?vp=1#yVWR2yc

and before you all scoff at this.......have a look and read about these that have been rediscovered after being thought to be extinct for millions of years............

especially like the photo of the submarines, ......U33 might like it too........................just a tad scary......

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/great-white-shark-devoured-mystery-monster-off-australia-091703912.html?vp=1#yVWR2yc

nice topic to go to bed on %% %% %%

rmaddock

• Full Mayhemer
Re: BE AFRAID....BE VERY AFRAID!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 07:43:46 pm »

There was news a few years ago about Killer Whales eating great whites wasn't there?
There was even video and some research about it.  The whales had learned to catch them and hold them upside down 'til they 'drowned'.
Is there a mystery in this story?

http://youtu.be/K9I_DcSbZjI

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 07:49:02 pm »

but from the video it sounded as though this GW was swallowed whole in a matter of a few seconds whe way the temperature rose.............what sort of animal could do that to a room sized shark.......... {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 08:21:49 pm »

:-)) The mother-in-law :-))
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 08:42:24 pm »

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 10:06:28 pm »

"Scientists say this could only have happened by the shark being eaten by another creature – the latter temperature indicates that the tag was inside the stomach of another animal."

Or just maybe, just possibly ... the tag simply fell off and got eaten by something smaller - like the shark it was previously attached to  :embarrassed:

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 11:34:01 pm »

sorry plague, but the actual tag is implanted under the skin of the beast, not through the dorsal fin like they do on smaller animals.

davidm1945

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 11:39:24 am »

I don't think I'd want to go looking for something that could swallow a 9ft Great White - you might find it - or more to the point it might find you!!
Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do. Robert A Heinlein.

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 11:54:01 am »

sorry plague, but the actual tag is implanted under the skin of the beast, not through the dorsal fin like they do on smaller animals.
I doubt that. From what I can find the data logger is anchored to the skin with a short tether which releases after a preset time. The anchor is under the skin, not the tag.
Sharks do get in fights a lot, so quite possible this tag got bitten off.

That said I wouldn't want to meet anything that is prepared to take on a Great White :)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 11:59:12 am »

ahh,believe what ya wanna believe...........I still believe in the Loch Ness monster , big foot and yeti, {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

for certain though........I won't be goin' divin off the GBR anytime soon, lol

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 04:05:38 pm »

That said I wouldn't want to meet anything that is prepared to take on a Great White :)

My immediate thought was any predatory whale that felt threatened could attack a great white. A killer whale, sperm whale, etc, with a calf could do this. And as was earlier said, only the transmitter needs to have been swallowed. It will be interesting to see if the same shark turns up again in the future, with a new chunk taken out of a fin. Although it is more likely that if seriously injured it became shark food.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 01:16:23 am »

Neil,
You are right matey, they are out there! This was taken in St.Ives Bay about 14 years ago.
The story behind it is this. St.Ives RNLI, and RNAS Culdrose have an annual Fishing Competition. First prize always goes to the team with the biggest fish. Both teams were out in St.Ives Bay, and catching one or two good specimens, and the pilot of the Helicopter had a good idea of lowering the winchman down to reel in a large fish. Well you can see what happened ! Afterwards at the weigh in,the Culdrose Team were disqualified for using Live Bait.
Mick F. O0 O0

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 12:23:49 pm »

there yer go lads........they do exist...............megaladons WILL  rule the world..... {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.