Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Envoy class HMRT Enigma  (Read 47880 times)

jenga

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Envoy class HMRT Enigma
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2014, 01:42:10 pm »

Hi Joe, my Envoy should be with me Monday, Will pm you if I need any advice, following your Coventry build, looking really good mate. I said should arrive Monday  as I tracked it as far as Tamworth, where it was signed out for onward journey on Sat at 00:29  but has since fell off the radar and no sign of whereabots for over 36 hours. Why do these things always happen to me......anyone offered a cheap Envoy....its mine!!!!!!!
jenga

Marc St Hilaire 60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Older but no wiser!
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2014, 02:03:40 pm »

Yes that's the motor I used,  at 6:1 ratio running on a 12 volt 7amh battery runs for hours even with the smoke generator and barely gets warm.
The verification is only for about 5 to 10 posts so keep at it.   :-)) :-))

Thanks. I'll get there in the end, I suppose!

Marc St Hilaire 60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Older but no wiser!
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2014, 02:06:19 pm »

Hi Joe, my Envoy should be with me Monday, Will pm you if I need any advice, following your Coventry build, looking really good mate. I said should arrive Monday  as I tracked it as far as Tamworth, where it was signed out for onward journey on Sat at 00:29  but has since fell off the radar and no sign of whereabots for over 36 hours. Why do these things always happen to me......anyone offered a cheap Envoy....its mine!!!!!!!
jenga

I'd check on EBay, mate!  :}

Ha! Lost the verification code, thank the Lord!

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2014, 02:19:18 pm »

Hi Jenga, I wouldn't worry mate the tracking goes bonkers this time of year, I was tracking a parcel last week kept coming up as "awaiting collection" it was still saying that when it was delivered, and at 4 foot long and a foot square I don't think it will be over looked.  :-))

Marc St Hilaire 60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Older but no wiser!
« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2014, 11:01:05 am »

I love the illuminated bridge pictures. Very atmospheric. I have spent many happy (?) hours on similar bridges and the girlie calanders are just right. Chandlers and other well wishes used to gives us similar calanders which were greatly prized. Not sure if it's the same today. I expect the numbing hand of political correctness has deemed them 'unaceptable' and they have been replaced by calenders shown ponies and fluffy kittens. Such is progress.    :((

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2014, 11:28:09 am »

Absolutely beautiful build.  Love the impressive detailing.  Awesome   :-))  :-))  :-))
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2014, 12:49:21 pm »

Thanks for the nice comments, the inspiration behind the pinups was just as you said, back then you would find them in every work place be it a bridge on a tug, a garage, an office, or the joiner shop where I served my apprenticeship that had a whole wall covered in scantily clad ladies, that I found so distracting, and still do I'm pleased to say.  %) ok2

rhavrane

• Full Mayhemer
  • Steam passionate collector
« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2014, 08:03:53 pm »

Bonjour,

HERE is an example of militarized Model Slipway Envoy tug. Powered by an 4,5 cm3 Jade Anton steam plant.
Raphaël
Raphaëlopoulos Steam Lines UnLimited
Membre du Modele Yacht Club de Paris http://mycparis.fr/
Membre de l'Offshore Club de Paris : http://site-ocparis.wifeo.com/
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/rhavrane

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2014, 08:51:17 pm »

She looks grand on the water  :-)) I love the way mine sails, you can almost feel the weight of her.  O0

Starspider

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2014, 10:34:40 pm »

I must agree she does sit nice in the water

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #160 on: July 08, 2015, 09:51:08 pm »

Fantastic looking boat Joe :-)) 

I too bought a V4 smoker, I have had it running (great) but have not managed to get it synced with the throttle yet. I have a futaba radio with mix programs and wondered how you managed your setup?

I cut the red wire on the smoker ESC throttle lead as I have read somewhere on here that you cannot have 2 ESCs connected without one having the red lead cut!

At the moment it seems to run when the stick is neutral and stop when the stick is moved! I am sure it's a simple adjustment but just can't seem to get it. Any advice or info would be appreciated. I'll probably email chopperflyboy as well and see if he can assist..

Thanks..... U2

It'll look better when it's finished!

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2015, 11:22:20 pm »

Hi U2,
I just wired my smoker to the motor wires so the more power you give the motor the smoker gets more power thus more smoke, just remember the smoker is polarity sensitive so the red wire from the smoker must be connected to the positive wire on the motor. :-))

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2015, 06:40:30 am »

Thanks Joe, unfortunately mines a brushless and can't be done like that. Like I said I'll give chopperflyboy an email. I'm almost there with it and if all else fails I can just put it on a separate switch and switch it on off etc when I want. Mmm not a bad idea actually :}

You did a great job with all those details on your boat. Thanks for the quick response....... U2

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #163 on: July 09, 2015, 10:06:26 am »

You could still have variable smoke if you used a separate brushed ESC, if you have a spare channel that is. ;)

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2015, 07:32:38 pm »

Been trying the smoker again today and realised that because the brushless is very unlikely to be used at over half power it's never going to smoke much SO I wired it to a separate channel and switch it on with my radio and it smokes great. Click on click off :} .   

Thanks for the info it made me look into my program mixes and realise about the switch.

As for the separate brushed ESC, I have one that came with the smoker but I had trouble getting it set up. That's when I realised about not running my motor flat out and not getting much smoke as a result. It's great now though, cough, cough, cough..... %%    U2

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #165 on: July 09, 2015, 08:08:34 pm »

Hi U2,
Glad you got it sorted they are excellent units I'll be getting another one soon for my next build HMS Brocklesby. :-))

Unsinkable 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #166 on: July 11, 2015, 10:01:30 pm »

HMS Brocklesby mmm im off to google it now, If it turns out like the last one itll be great   U2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 22 queries.