Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iron wool clipper PHASIS 1880 - 1897  (Read 2167 times)

Positive

• Full Mayhemer
    • Miniature Merchant Ships
Iron wool clipper PHASIS 1880 - 1897
« on: July 09, 2007, 12:36:51 pm »

Just finished my latest miniature, iron wool clipper PHASIS.     Back to steam for a while now.
Bob
Regards
Positive

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
Re: Iron wool clipper PHASIS 1880 - 1897
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 03:25:37 pm »

Once again you have made another beautiful model Robert, terrific job mate....

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 05:52:20 pm »

Beautiful Bob wish I had the patience and the steady hands to do something like your models.
Come to think of it if I did have the patience and the steady hands my eyesight would probably let me down. ???
As a matter of interest do you keep all your models ?
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Positive

• Full Mayhemer
    • Miniature Merchant Ships
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 07:30:37 pm »

Thanks for comments.    I have very little patience which is one of the reasons I build miniatures - I don't have to spend years or even months on them.    Another reason is that they are small & don't cost too much to build & take up very little room.     My wife helps by painting the seas, a job that I have never really appreciated!      Well over 90% of them are sold, otherwise the house would fill up.    Eyesight.   I am now aged 63 with eyesight consistent with that age.    Model building with normal reading glasses - no other magnification necesssary.     If you can read & see a full stop or comma, there is no reason why you can't build a miniature!
I often hear people say "I could never do that!"     I always answer, "That is half the battle - the half that is lost, so you may as well give up right now!"      When I first saw a miniature shipmodel in 1968 I thought "I wonder how on earth he did that, but  I am going to find out & start building them myself.!"        I immediately found miniatures a lot easier than the big ones that I once built and never really looked back.      Really, it all depends on whether you want to - or not!
I have neither the time, inclination, or patience to ever return to big models !
Regards
Bob
Regards
Positive
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.