Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power to Graupner Speed720BB useing P120/P94/P95  (Read 1529 times)

david48

• Full Mayhemer
Power to Graupner Speed720BB useing P120/P94/P95
« on: June 30, 2014, 04:03:47 pm »

Assistance required please, what would be the best place to put in the P 95,as close to the P94 or close to the motor. Useing 12AWG.
My intention is to use 2  12v 9 amp SLA batteries
Thank you
David
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say

Robert Davies

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Power to Graupner Speed720BB useing P120/P94/P95
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 04:31:55 pm »

As far as I can see, it makes no odds. Site the fuses where you can see them and get at them.

Reasoning? With the qualification of the cable lengths we're talking about on a model boat, it's the same high current in to the P95 fuse, as out of it, assuming a trip state hasn't been reached, so you may as well site the fuse anywhere reasonable along the cable run to the motors.

Indeed, checking Action's info sheet, they make no siting recommendations with regard to the P95.

Short answer = please youself!  :-)

inertia

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 04:37:15 pm »

David
Robert is right; it doesn't matter in this case. BTW the Speed 720BB Torque doesn't draw a large current so you could go down as far as 16 or even 18AWG silicon cable and still be OK. 12AWG is a swine to solder and also to bend round sharp corners - and it's more expensive.
Dave M

david48

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 05:49:44 pm »

Thanks for the reply Robert /Dave that's that sorted . As you say Dave 12awg is abit of a pain to solder but I have it on stock  so I will use it for what bit I want.

Just a thought Dave ,when you ar on about  "me duck"  ,when I went to live in Doncaster ,went into a cooked chicken  shop and the woman infront of me asked for a chicken" duck" never heard this before coming from Cumberland
Thanks again
David
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.