Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: spraying booth  (Read 2682 times)

spike

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
spraying booth
« on: July 08, 2014, 05:51:53 pm »

hi anyone made a homemade small spraying booth  if yes were did you get the plans please

Stavros

Re: spraying booth
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 05:59:16 pm »

Do a search on this,all Ill say is wait for the comments on this one.............I am a proffesional paint sprayer and believe you ME this is a very touchy subject.............you will DEFINITELY need a FLAME proof fan and also the same can be said about lighting....as soon as you introduce a spark in a confined space where any form of spark wich any form of electricity is involved regardless of voltage is involved then you do seriously have the potential of an explosion

Dave

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 07:06:17 am »

There has been a lot of discussion on this topic on here before.

As Stavros suggested, do a search on here.

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

spike

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 01:15:31 pm »

could you use brushless laptop fans on it

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 11:47:43 pm »

My paint booth is 2 movers' dish pack boxes taped together.  One side/end is cut out to fit a 20x20 inch heating duct filter from the hardware store.  A large portable cooling fan sits hard against the outside of the filter, and pulls air through.  With this setup I can spray red paint and never get any on my shop surfaces.  Change the filter often.

It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to get the pictures down to the ridiculously small file size allowed.   >>:-(

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 03:10:06 am »

My paint booth is 2 movers' dish pack boxes taped together.  One side/end is cut out to fit a 20x20 inch heating duct filter from the hardware store.  A large portable cooling fan sits hard against the outside of the filter, and pulls air through.  With this setup I can spray red paint and never get any on my shop surfaces.  Change the filter often.

It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to get the pictures down to the ridiculously small file size allowed.   >>:-(

Correct me if Im wrong, but doesn't it blow the air and fumes back into your shop. If so it provides no breathing protection for yourself. You might consider venting it outside the building. The fumes are worst stuff for our health.

John

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 06:23:35 am »

John, you are partially correct.  But I open the front and back doors of my shop, which makes a good breeze, and wear a half-face respirator. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.