Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: b t vision box  (Read 2464 times)

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
b t vision box
« on: July 09, 2014, 12:45:53 pm »

I have a b t vision box yesterday it went wrong rang bt to ask who ones it// belongs to bt I was told and if I wanted it mended it would cost £130 to fix  a few choice words to ??????? telling them I do not pay for repaires when I do no own it told themi will send it back  and  change to sky and do you know a telephone call later to say  a person will be at my house on Thursday to fix it for free why in this day and age do we have to get nasty to get things done

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
Re: b t vision box
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 01:24:46 pm »

Or they are just coming around to remove your services altogether !!

IanPal

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 02:03:45 pm »

I had exactly the same but the other way around, It was the sky box that packed up.
I did the same and told them that's fine, cancel the lot and I'll go to BT, the next day I had a new sky box all free of charge.

Ian

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 03:47:40 pm »

why in this day and age do we have to get nasty to get things done

Wot, as in the old days people didn't say "nah, I can get it cheaper down the road ... Oh you can do me a deal?"  :}

inertia

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 05:36:32 pm »

There's a difference between being assertive and being aggressive. Take as an example my recent dispute with Inchcape about being charged £12 for a 25p battery.

I could have said was "I've bought four F£%$&^ new cars from you and you try this cheap trick on me. There's no F£%$&^ way I'm paying that! You're just F£%$&^ robbing *$%%£!s! I'm going to call Trading Standards and then call Watchdog! You people are all crooks!" That's being aggressive and generally gets you nowhere. It could get you reciprocal abuse or a smack in the mouth!

What I did say was "I'm sure it is Toyota's recommended price and that you've not made a mistake but I don't want to pay that much for that battery. I'm sorry to make a fuss because I'm happy with the other work you did and with the price of it. Now that I've shown you that I can buy them for 25p I'm sure you can see my point, can't you? I've brought the battery back for a refund - if that's not too much trouble?" That's being assertive. Tell them why you're not happy and then suggest to them what they can do to make it right again. Depending on how much charm you apply it with it generally gets you what you want, and can even leave the other person feeling as if they've just won a prize for good customer relations.

DM

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 06:56:34 pm »

I must have been friendly phone call today from b t. new box will be delivered  Thursday 10 july   (never said the year )

inertia

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 08:19:39 pm »

I must have been friendly phone call today from b t. new box will be delivered  Thursday 10 july   (never said the year )
Gordon
The third option is to pretend that you're over 80 and play on the sympathy vote ..............  %)   As a flint-hearted capitalist it never worked with me but there's no harm in trying it!
Dave M
(BTW I do know how old you are!).

Later - now this bloke really understands good customer relations  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28232814         

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 11:02:02 am »

new box arrived also connected up with an hdmi cable all free. mind you the tv  bloke was from my neck of the woods surrey    {-) {-)

mook

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 01:55:08 pm »

I think to get things done it pays to be polite and civil, and just tell them straight you will go else where, mind you it doesn't work with the TAX office {-)

regiment

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 02:07:24 pm »

you must be jokeing my wifes friend come out of hospital after a cancer ope only to find her talk talk phone was down last Friday her son rang t t was polite was told nothing could be done till the folllowing wenesday my wife got on the phone told tt a few home truths the out come fixed on Monday   polite my @@@@
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.