Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: proxxon help/mechanical puzzle  (Read 3005 times)

siptiripti

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
proxxon help/mechanical puzzle
« on: August 06, 2014, 12:33:12 pm »

hi everyone,
i'm sorry to get amongst You guys,because I'm actually not a model boat builder but i make mechanical puzzles for my own fun,as seems like You guys are the best experts in Proxxon machines.

Some days ago,when i was making one of these puzzles the blade/ driving of my fks/e 28070 seemed to be a bit weak,
not sharp enough,so i bought a new saw blade first, hoping that's the problem ,but even with it the problem is still on,
so i guess the driving belt's gone.i can purchase one from a Proxxon supplier here in the UK, but before it, I'd like get
some heads up,how easy to replace the belt,what kind of tools i need for it,or it might have any other problem-
-i think you know it better than me...

Thank a lot in advance for the help, id be much obliged to you for it,
much respect,
Laszlo

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: proxxon help/mechanical puzzle
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 01:02:54 pm »

Found this:  http://tinyurl.com/o5fngym

13.3. Replacing the toothed belt
A toothed belt transmits the power from the motor to the saw
blade shaft. The belt has a very long service life, but when
the machine is used extensively, it could be necessary to
replace it after a longer operating period. The procedure is
described here. In case you are unsure, please send the saw
to our Central Service.

1. Make sure the mains plug is disconnected!
2. Set the saw blade to an approx. 40° tilt as explained in section „Adjusting the saw blade tilt“.
3. Swing up the upper housing part as explained in section 6.2
4. Block the shaft with the small Allen key as described in the Chapter 12.
5. Unscrew the Phillips screw 1 (fig. 17). Remove thrust washer 2.
6. Pull off the old toothed belt 3 and fit the new toothed belt.
Turn the drive at the toothed belt pulleies slightly back and forth until the new toothed belt sits correctly.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

siptiripti

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 01:17:39 pm »

thank a lot for this one,it helps a little,but unfortunately this one is the one newer version,and on mine you can't swing up the upper house,so i guess you have to take the whole saw apart,before you can reach that area including the belt.i just don't want to take off any screws what's not necessary -not to make any bigger problems:)..
thanks a lot anyway,i try to figure out with this manual how to do it on this older version,or if You or anybody else got any more tips,still will be much appreciated..
much respect,
Laszlo

inertia

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 02:17:27 pm »

First step is to sit and look carefully at the saw and do the job in your imagination, paying particular attention to the next step on from the one you've just decided on. That way any potential disasters should reveal themselves and you can rejig 'the plan' to suit. Make notes if it helps.
If you have a digital or phone camera then take a picture of each stage of the dis-assembly as you do it, and put the parts into a polybag, tin lid or small jar - one for each stage. When you come to replace the belt and put the thing back together then you'll have a record of just where everything is, where it goes and at what stage it fits. I've saved hundreds of pounds on unneccessary spares or replacement new items just by following this basic philosophy (e.g. Neff microwave oven control panels are £135 plus VAT but faulty tactile switches removed from them and replaced are 35p each from Farnells).
You don't need a very sharp intellect for this hobby - low animal cunning has served me well for years! That and avoiding the temptation to rush into a job without a plan...................o, and a glass of wine in your hand during the planning stage helps.
It's the tortoise and the hare, old thing. Good luck.
DM

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 02:23:19 pm »

I have one of these as well.

I'm not sure what you mean as "weak" however, I've had a major problem with it of late in that after doing some heavy cutting the speed of the saw fell off dramatically. I put this down to the speed rheostat failing.  I have been told that this cannot be purchased separately  and that a new motor has to be obtained as well at a cost well in excess of £100.

It's not an easy job to remove the motor either I should add.

LB

siptiripti

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 02:32:37 pm »

i hope it's not gonna be the rheostat,however the problem is what you described,but as i can have a touch on the belt,what's hardly can called 'toothed' for now,i hope that will be my problem.i'll give it a go,it's gonna cost 10ish pounds to buy one,and i guess some hours struggling to take the saw apart(and most probably 2 bottle of wine:) )and then i'll see how's is going...
thanks anyway for all the kind answers and help guys!!
i'll be back to share the experiences about this fixing:)
cheers!
much respect,
L

inertia

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 04:01:13 pm »

and most probably 2 bottle of wine:)
Save one for celebrating or alternatively drowning your sorrows. I think it's called a win-win situation! Drinking Red Wine animated emoticon height=83
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.