Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Borders Submarine and Warship day- New event for 2014  (Read 2249 times)

Davy1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Association of Model Submariners
Borders Submarine and Warship day- New event for 2014
« on: March 03, 2014, 04:38:34 pm »

George H has sent me the following information for those in the Borders region. Nice to have another event coming along!

Hi David,

We have now received written permission from the Borders Regional Council to hold a competition on Sunday 31st August 2014 on Gunknowe Loch.

I would be grateful if you could post a notice of the event on the Model Submariners websites. All welcome.
We are setting a nominal start time of 11 am.

We will be running a Warship and Submarine day, with sailing events for surface warships and submarines. We will also have a Concourse competition.

As you may know, the loch is in the Tweedbank Park, which has a good restaurant, a small shopping precinct and has a children's playground attached.

We have an arrangement with the owner of the restaurant at the end of the loch whereby our club members and guests can use the toilet facilities there.

Visitors can use the post code TD1 3RP in sat navs or google maps to locate the venue. It is the code for the restaurant on the end of the loch.

It will be a much shorter trip than to Edinburgh for folk coming from the South. It normally takes just under an hour and a half from Carlisle M6 turnoff to get to Tweedbank.

I will post such details on our website, www.bordersmodelboatclub.yolasite.com when I have them. There is a contact E-Mail address on the site: klubsec@btinternet.com .

I intend to run the event as close to the Furness Model Boat Club system as I can. Enjoyable and informal.

Regards,

George H

Davy1

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Borders Submarine and Warship day- New event for 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 09:07:36 am »

Hi All,

I have just received a note from George to say that they have a very severe weed problem and they have had  to cancel the event this year. An unfortunate by-product of a hot summer!

An update on other sub days:

Barrow in Furness - We are a little short of water (only 18" deep - see note also by Dave J) but otherwise fine.

Let's hope that Bourneville and Edinburgh are still OK!

See you,

David

TomHugill

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:23:09 am »

Have you got the details for barrow? Its fairly local and I might be able to get there by train!

Davy1

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 04:40:48 pm »

Hi Tom
I think this describes it all:
http://www.furnessmodelboatclub.co.uk/page2.html

Starts about 10am on Sunday 7th Sept, Park Lake. We have a club house.

We are not too far from the station but let us know a train time and we can probably pick you up.

If you are coming by car you can sneak a peak at an Astute class in the Yard.

See you,

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.