Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 1420 times)

gomburg

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hi All
« on: August 22, 2014, 11:23:51 am »

I'm Tony, I'm new to the forum.
Since retirement I'm now able to enjoy model boat sailing and am now a member of my local club (South Manchester MBC) - a very pleasant group of people they are too - At the moment I have a Joysway Explorer and am enjoying sailing that. Also I've just started building an Aero-naut 'Classic' as Im also interested in scale models (I know the classic is only semi-scale, but it will provide a simple way of getting back to model building) Once it's built I'll post a photo for you to comment on  :} . My main hobby is photography (I was in the Photography & X-Ray sales & distribution industry all my working life) Mostly I use Leica cameras - any other Leica users & boat builders out there?
Regards
Tony

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 12:10:20 pm »

:-)) Hi,Tony, welcome to mayhem and hope you enjoy your visits here,the Aero -naut kits are first class and make fine models to build,the parts fit nicely and fittings well made and they are of cause a lot of fun at the lake,please can we have some photo's of the build and sailing of the model, the guy's on here love their photo's,by the way I have two of their models and give me great pleasure sailing them,   Ray. :-))     
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

gomburg

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:30:04 pm »

Yes will do! so far I've got the hull planking in place and the glue is drying as I write - once it's dry and sanded down a bit (to make it look nice  ;) ) I'll post a photo.
Tony

gomburg

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 02:59:37 pm »

Here are some photos - lots to do yet!
Tony

gomburg

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 05:25:50 pm »

OK the 'Classic' is now finished, off for it's pond test soon. I did make some mistakes but that's all part of learning
Photos as promised
Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.