Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spektrum DX 10 T  (Read 16205 times)

rob

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Spektrum DX 10 T
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2014, 09:32:22 am »

Paul good morning,
Mine came from Germany, and when it came to registering it, the UK website seemed to accept it . . . . Time will tell I guess, but I don't suppose the UK 'branch' will have any problem accepting my money for spares and repair out of the guarantee period should it ever be needed !
I see the 18 comes with Spektrums own harness , one plus point lol.
The more I play with the programming, the more I'm finding. . . Remarkable set really.

in my own little world

Steve Dean

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2014, 11:15:46 am »

Hi Rob,

I'm not sure if you are aware but the DX10T is compatible with the Spektrum X-PLUS module which if used with certain receivers ( 12120, 12020 and 9020) but not the 10000 that comes as standard with the DX10. The X-PLUS module adds a further 8 proportional channels, i.e. up to 18 channels as per the DX18.

By heck it is possible to suffer from channel addiction !  O0

Steve

chuffy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2014, 08:55:56 am »

Steve, re the 10t  can you tell me how the banks of switches on the replaceable modules L1 - L2 for example control various functions, is it through the receiver to say a servo or do they have to connect to an electronic switcher to perform a task like turn on lights or radar.

The reason I ask is that I use a Beier sound card with a F14 Navy on 40mhz and the 8 switches on the top panel give me 16 switchable functions through one receiver channel in my set (I have put it in the no 5 slider channel) The whole system works fine and of course with fewer components parts to worry about and wire in BUT... I do like the 10t, my wrists now ache all day through a type of arthritis that's not going away and the whole 10T layout and the way it slopes slightly forward when on a neck strap is heaven. I could stick with the F14 but 2.4 is so convenient as the crystals are inside the the F14 and you would be suprised how many people still use 40mhz.

Paul

Link to what I'm talking about there are boat/ ship sounds on the site to download but it's a simple matter to do your own.
http://www.beier-electronic.de/modellbau/produkte/usm-rc-2/usm-rc-2.php?sprache=gb
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the length of your reach.

Steve Dean

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2014, 08:36:56 pm »

Hi Chuffy,
All the extra channels are in essence proportional channels, i.e. three wire outputs from the receiver. If you want to switch something on (like a light) then the appropriate output from the receiver needs to go some form of switch module. Of course this could be a servo operating a micro switch but that's not a very elegant solution.
There are a number of switching modules on the market some of which are solid state and others which have small relays on the circuit board. You obviously need to use a module that can handle the appropriate amount of current for what ever you are switching. As you are probably aware a few LEDs use very little current whereas a water pump will probably pull several amps.
I use switching modules from both Action Electronics (now supplied by Component Shop) and also Technobots. They all work well and I would recommend both suppliers.
If you care to scroll back up this thread you will see that Dave Milbourn (Inertia) asked the same question as yourself and you will see the reply I posted.
Always pleased to help.
Steve.

chuffy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2014, 08:35:00 am »

Thank you for your reply Steve and your ability to answer my questions in a manner that I can understand. Sadly,,,,,because I really really want a 10T I am in reality going to get very little more than my F14 Navy delivers. I have just fitted an 8 switch module, giving me the ability to control 16 electronic functions on the Beier sound card as well as being able to control the volume of all the sounds from one of the newly installed switches remotely. Which ever system I use will require some form of  switching modules for equipment drawing a few amps so no difference there. The major difference between the 10T and the F14 is of course the 10T is 2.4 Ghz, but with so many people migrating to that band 40Mgz receivers are very easy to get hold of now and there are new twin sticks from Germany for around £150. Another member has however pointed out that there is an orange 2.4 conversion now available for this type of set, not as a module but as a "DIY" conversion kit at around £21.00 plus the usuals.

I would however put the style and functionality of the 10t along side that of the JR PCM10 35Mhz from the 80's, one of which resides in my loft to this day.

Paul.

rob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2014, 08:47:03 am »

Paul, there are lots of differences between the F14, though your thoughts on positive benefits is true, (which I've used for many many years, and a Simprop version before that) and the 10 T. . . . The feel of the sticks is nothing short of amazing, and the looks of fellow modellers trying to figure out what it is, is a chuckle.
Rob
in my own little world

chuffy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2014, 09:05:15 am »

Hello Rob

My post was not meant as a criticism of the 10T, I have been able to handle one and the design of the stick is totally different to all others and made even more attractive attractive with the trim buttons on the rear, re trimming without fingers leaving the sticks, but as i am loosing feeling in my fingers bit by bit the feel of the sticks would not be a plus for me. As i fly and sail with thumb and four finger in the stick I have already experimented with a plastic sleeve over the stick to make it a little larger and easier to grip.

I agree that there are lots of differences between the two sets but none that would benefit me for in investment of £550.00.

Paul

rob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2014, 11:31:44 am »

Look on eBay Paul, down to 440.
Didn't take it as criticism, my written words were perhaps not perfect.
Kind regards
Rob
in my own little world

chuffy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2014, 07:36:22 pm »

it's looking more inviting by the day Rob, have you been talking to RAF Launches of this forum, who would be only too pleased to tell you of my love of all things shiny and spend hours polishing same shiny things as therapy.

Paul.

rob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2014, 07:50:36 pm »

Well, spend the £440. . . . . . . . My wife tells me that is therapy.
Get the 10T . . . . It's all therapy !
in my own little world

chuffy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2014, 08:20:13 am »

£425.

Paul

rob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2014, 12:46:00 pm »

Even more inviting !
The German site selling them were very quick with dispatch, 3 days from order to it arriving on my doorstep.

in my own little world

rob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2014, 10:11:30 am »

There is one on the BFMA sales section for £250 at the moment ! Got to be bargain of the week.

in my own little world

rob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2015, 01:19:27 pm »

£276 including postage now on ebay
in my own little world

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2015, 06:40:51 pm »

£276 including postage now on ebay

Hmmm, can't find it...  :((

rob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2016, 11:32:16 am »

They are rising in price a bit on ebay ( from Germany) the news regarding the latest airware download to virtually turn it into DX18 spec but with keeping the stick buttons still has obviously done it some good.

in my own little world
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.