Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jim_Hurley new member.  (Read 1356 times)

Jim_Hurley

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Jim_Hurley new member.
« on: August 30, 2014, 05:41:32 pm »

This will be my second post here as I've already added a post in the general section about the Amati Dorade Yacht kit. I've received one very informative response already.
I live on the North Olympic Peninsula in Washington State, in Sequim (e is silent). I build models to keep my hands busy, and I refurbish computers to keep my mind busy. I'm a member of a computer club that is an official Microsoft refurbisher. We take donated computers and install Windows 7 and give them to people and groups that need computers, but can't afford them.

I've built four boats so far two are Thunder Tiger kits, one is a Dumas Huson 24 with the wooden hull and my last build was a Canterbury J. The Thunder Tiger China Team was modified to resolve many of the problems the kit has.

Jim

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Jim_Hurley new member.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 08:44:58 pm »

Hello Jim and welcome to mayhem.

You sound a very  " hands on " type of guy and we look forward to any contributions you might have.  You may even get some questions on  'Windows' machines.   :}

Cheers

Ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Jim_Hurley

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 09:37:01 pm »

Kenny,
Since you are a moderator and brought up questions on Windows machines, which I'd be happy to answer (I also run two Linux machines on my home network along with three Windows machines 7 & 8.1 .
I'd like to offer my knowledge about living with someone who has had Alzheimer's for 10 to 12 years. My wife was in her early 60's when she was diagnosed with the disease. If anyone has questions about that situation, I'd be happy to discuss them. They can email me as I know the forum isn't the place to discuss the disease.
I have more time on my hands now that I've had to put her into a skilled nursing facility. I know that when the situation deteriorated to the point of total frustration, I was lucky enough to find a support group that could provide me with answers and guidance on how to deal with the situation and I'd be more than happy to share that information.
Jim

mook

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 11:07:30 am »

Hello Jim   welcome to the group :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.