Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hydrafibre Model boats  (Read 2139 times)

greyman14

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hydrafibre Model boats
« on: September 01, 2014, 12:47:58 pm »

Hello - thank you Peter for the Welcome message !
I have a Pilot Boat ( 46 ins)  by Hydrafibre  which has an alternative structure of the WORK Boat design giving an interesting change of operational model on the water. For many years about 25 in fact i have tried to locate the Product designer and manufacturer. I was told that it was from a " garage"  in Gosport ! No response to my enquiries !
Only recently a fellow Member of the SOLENT RC MYBC gave me a cataloque of the HYDRAFIBRE Boats showing the Pilot Boat and Work Boat. What a joy -at last the origin of my favourite craft. The address was given as in Waterlooville .Hants now not available sadly but your member said that a Steve Simpson has the moulds !! Who he ?
Having rebuilt the PILOT BOAT three times this strong GRP mould performs well with two Decaperm motors.
Can anyone tell me when the Hydrafibre boats were made - the year  etc and what happened for production to cease - the original design came from an experienced craftsman i believe in the Trade
Graham Roger :}

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Hydrafibre Model boats
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 02:23:59 pm »

Hi Graham,

I've had a couple of Hydafibre boats, thought they were a great designs.
Last I hear they were trading as Aries Boats but I think they are long gone the-way-of-the-Dodo...

I had the Predator & Atlantor, two of my favourite boats, ever.

https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/My_models/05%20raving%20mad.htm
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

hmsantrim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 03:11:13 pm »

Hi Graham.
 There was a thread on here about Hydrafibre / Aries models in 2011 the previous owner posted as a guest owner and did say who had the moulds.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Hydrafibre models still around?« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 06:46:03Yes
try STEVE SIMPSON SOUTHHAMPTON,
HE NOW HAS THE MOULDS.

FORMER OWNER DESIGNER.
MARTIN
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Hydrafibre was around in the early eighties, they did 4 naval vessels, a range of competition IC hulls and some cabin cruisers.  The racing models only have a certain shelf life them they are superceded by new designs which then renders the other design obsolete.

You will see in the catalogue they also did a shed load of fittings for naval vessels in 1/96 scale as well as the fitings for their Type 21 and leander class frigates which I think were @ 1/64 scale. 
 Its possible Mr Seymour retired and sold the moulds which have have not been made commercially available since.  Recon the naval vessel semi kits would still sell as they don`t date. 

You are right about the original design from a craftsman in the trade as the blurb did advertise
 "pattern and plug making for the GRP industry"

Frank

Leaky

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 07:45:12 pm »

Ive got a hull of the 'Gentry Eagle' which I bought from MRP the owner of Hydrafibre told me was moulded from his hull so consequently he wouldn't help me with advice for converting it to water jet propulsion. Don't blame him really and its not like its slowed the build I haven't touched it for years :}
badly raised and ill mannered.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.