Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Prop shop  (Read 54300 times)

TugCowboy

• Full Mayhemer
Prop shop
« on: September 03, 2014, 07:54:17 am »

I see the prop shop site is down again :(

Has anyone spoken to them recently? I could really do with a few new Kort Props and some shafts. I know it sounds funny but I much prefer ordering online to over the telephone as I can browse and see what I want first.

Just wondering if their site will be back soon.

Alex

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Prop Shop news?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:32:56 pm »

HI Guys I have just spoken to prop shop. You can use the following e/m to contact them

info@prop-shop.co.UK or info@swangroup.co.UK or if these fail the contact Swan Group on 01295 263134 they will put you through to Prop Shop hope this helps.

Stan
Kirklees Model Boat Club

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 12:42:44 pm »

Please do not shoot the messenger but I have been asked to make people aware that Prop Shop is now part of the Swan Group based in Oxfordshire. See last post re contact details.

Stan. {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ . :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

mudway

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 11:56:32 pm »

Where did my post go to?  :((
Why was it deleted?
I asked who are the Swan Group.  Whoever deleted it might know but others like me have no idea.
Common courtesy would be to notify of changes to posts not just delete them like some Russian censor.  >>:-(

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 01:10:10 am »

mudway....I did not see your post...nor an mention of a deletion.....but strange things happen with electrons :o....

If your posting was totally non offensive....why not repost it?........the only Swan Group I know make beer {-)...& I am not particularly fond of West Australian water....... Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

mudway

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 01:16:37 am »

All I said was, I think as it didn’t occur to me to make a copy of a post for my files,
Since when did Swans use props? Seriously, who?

Agree with you on most WA beer, Tassie does it better although Redback used to be nice.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 01:17:40 am »

Where did my post go to?  :((
Why was it deleted?
I asked who are the Swan Group.  Whoever deleted it might know but others like me have no idea.
Common courtesy would be to notify of changes to posts not just delete them like some Russian censor.  >>:-(

What this post?!!!

Sorry but I have to ask the question, since when have swans used props?
 Seriously, WHO?

Someone was doing you a favour!  O0
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

mudway

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 01:25:16 am »

No you weren't.  I'm an administrator on another model boat forum, and before we ever delete posts, we send a PM and ask them what they meant and, if considered offensive, ask them to delete it.  If they refuse and it is offensive, we delete. By deleting mine, you simply made the topic look odd as Stan (who I have spoken to) has a reply sitting there which looks out of place as he seems to be replying to nothing.
Please do not shoot the messenger but I have been asked to make people aware that Prop Shop is now part of the Swan Group based in Oxfordshire. See last post re contact details.

Who are the Swan Group and should those of us who use Prop Shop props be concerned?

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 06:51:46 am »

like it says on the cover of the prop shop catalogue   'prop shop is owned by swan precision castings & engineering ltd but simon is still there making the props business as usual    me & a friend visited the prop shop in 2012    great place  seeing simon at work  & yep we brought loads of  props!  '
'an adults sweet shop {-) ''

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 07:26:49 am »

To all concerned all was trying to do was to help tugcowboy contact prop shop. Many modellers are not aware that Prop shop is now part of a company called Swan Group based in Oxfordshire. Prop Shop has been part of this group for over two years I thought by supplying contact details for Swan group this would make contacting Prop Shop easier. If I have caused any problems with trying to be helpful I can only apologise. >:-o >:-o >:-o >:-o >:-o >:-o

T888

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 08:45:49 am »

Stan,
Fully agree, as regard to the first note "has any one made contact with Prop Shop" I have just received an order two days after placing it with Simon.
Also note I 've always got good service from Prop Shop, even when they changed to Swan Group.
Regards David

inertia

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 08:53:13 am »

If I have caused any problems with trying to be helpful I can only apologise. >:-o >:-o >:-o >:-o >:-o >:-o
Stan
I have had very recent cause to understand exactly how you are feeling, but I can't see any reason whatsoever why you should apologise.

Mudway
Do you have any evidence to support your accusation that someone deliberately deleted your post? Granted it was flippant (and not terribly funny, either) but it could equally have been the victim of a system problem. Unfounded accusations are equally as offensive as finding that your post has gone. You wouldn't want to be known as Mud Slinger, would you?
DM

mudway

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 09:05:39 am »

Inertia,
Refer to the comment above from Martin Admin where he quoted my deleted post. Admin contacted re their deleting after I posted my question about what had happened. Apparently the policy is deletion with no contact or explanation. If you want to know why it was deleted, ask Admin.
The first part might have been flippant but the second asking who were Swan was not as I had, and still haven't any idea ,who the Swan Group might be. I have never had a catalogue which states the fact and can't recall seeing on the old Prop Shop website anything about the Swan Group. I assumed from the posts that they had just taken over the Prop Shop and wanted to find out who they were and what would be happening to the Prop Shop who I do use for props.
M

inertia

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 09:57:54 am »

Mudway
Sorry, mate, but you're not the first person to have had a post deleted without explanation and I very much doubt you'll be the last. If you don't like the policy I can tell you from personal experience that complaining about it will get you nowhere. Policies operated by other Internet forums don't necessarily hold sway here. To paraphrase our cousins across the pond, "it happens; get used to it".

Swan Precision Castings is no more or less than the corporate group which owns and operates Prop Shop as a small subsidiary trading division. From memory it seems much longer than two years since this happened. The original proprietor, Simon Higgins, is still responsible for the day-to-day running of Prop Shop. The only two things which have been obvious since Swan took overall ownership are that the admin and sales service (which could be erratic) are now much better, and the prices have increased considerably. IMHO their props are still the very best available.
DM

mudway

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 10:49:39 am »

Thanks Inertia,
Mystery solved. Odd a corporate group being into model boating. Must fit in with the Precision Castings from their title. I tend to use the Prop Shop for modern and George Sitek for old i.e. pre 1980s.
S**t happens is the saying that more springs to mind.  %)
M

inertia

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 11:17:32 am »

Thanks Inertia,
S**t happens is the saying that more springs to mind.  %)
M
You're more than welcome, m'duck. Maybe Swan offered Simon some financial stability/administrative support/whatever in return for his expertise in small batch lost-wax casting - we can only guess, except that it seems to have worked. I've not tried George's props but I know those who have (mainly on models of naval vessels) and swear by them.
As for that saying, that's why I qualified it with the words "to paraphrase" - you can have posts deleted on here for lesser crimes than that (can't you, Martin?)!  8)
DM

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 11:51:40 am »

:-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 01:16:07 pm »

Prop shop have been part of Swan group for several years now. Prices went up considerably when that happened. I think part of the problem was that lead times were getting very long, and Simon was having problems keeping up with the demand.

Still the only game in town for cast bronze props, all the other makes are fabricated from stock materials.

Calimero

• Full Mayhemer
    • Calimero's RC shed
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 01:47:59 pm »

I ordered props a few weeks back, and a custom length (shorty !) shaft and stuffing tube (my father wants to build a "thing" for his desk). Got the parts (in France) ten days after I ordered by email and paid through Paypal.

City trawler

• Full Mayhemer
prop shop props
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 05:34:33 pm »

Evening all. I'm looking at getting a prop shop propeller. For a single screw boat will I need a L/H or R/H from them

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: prop shop props
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 05:41:15 pm »

So what are you asking? Their web site gives all the details I think.

City trawler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 05:43:01 pm »

I'm just about to order a prop and kort nozzel from prop shop but not sure if I need L/H or R/H prop

morley bill 1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 05:57:09 pm »

if your not sure ring simon at prop shop to  get the best advice......bill...

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 05:57:29 pm »

It shouldn't really matter as you can just change the motor rotation as needed. However a LH prop will tend to screw itself onto the shaft when going ahead which makes it a bit more secure although you should always use a locknut.

Colin

City trawler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 05:59:50 pm »

Thank you colin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.