Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: next release from DEANS MARINE  (Read 559 times)

Dean's Marine

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dean's Marine
next release from DEANS MARINE
« on: July 17, 2023, 10:42:38 am »

Dear  Modellers
 I thought that you might like more news from the edge of the world near Farcet and to let you know the latest news from DEANS MARINE
Next release in the Fast Launch range  is the model of a model ?  MISS ENGLAND V  we hope to have this model on display at the Northampton model boat meeting on the 23rd of July when we intend to test run her 9 our pond is to small for long hi speed runs.
    Scale 1/12th   Length 729mm   Beam 160mm
                  INFORMATION ON THE PROTOTYPE MODEL
Before we begin we wish to be clear this craft does not exist in real life as far as we know.
The idea began very many years ago when as a young lad walking home from school, most days  my friends and myself would pass by Mckennas The model shop and stop a drool over all the goodies in the windows.
 For years this display of model boats, all the famous ones from our childhood, the Victory models of the fire boat , the Mercury, ( VIP Express) and this one labelled as Miss England in choice of 2 colours. To quote the advert of the time, you can race your friend across the water at speed ? With its powerful mighty midget motor and 4.5 volt touch battery ?? plus the Sutcliffe models and all the Lines bros, and Triang boats.
We would never be able to afford any of them, dropping hints at Christmas and birthdays never achieved the desired results, life was tough, and disappointed in those days.
 Nowadays I have many of the models I so desired in those days, but never have I found a model of the Miss England, moulded as they were in those days in a type of polythene that warped and degraded, probably they have all long gone.
 So from memory, I have made my own to complete the “set” I so desired, no claims for accuracy , no plans or drawings, so if you have one, or pictures of them, I would be pleased to see it.
 Enjoy her, if like me you have memories of the models all those years ago that we so out of reach of pocket money prices.
The model.
 This kit is based on a glass fibre hull with rubbing strip and  moulded into the surface of the hull. The construction of the deck  is light weight Vacformed deck and seat wells
Laser cut plastic parts in hi impact Hips plastic and laser cut windscreen for fast assembly
 A full set of fittings in cast alloy is included in the kit, along with a full size plan and a comprehensive set of instructions.   Regards Deans Marine

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
Re: next release from DEANS MARINE
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 02:11:42 pm »

That looks fantastic Ron,
Looks exactly like I’d expect that type vessel to look- really captures that vibe of the 1930s to 1950s style of fast motor boat. I’ll see you at the  Northampton MBC open day with drool on standby  ok2
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.