Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Prop shop  (Read 54295 times)

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
Re: Prop Shop
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2015, 12:41:57 am »

I may be mistaken, but whilst Swan seem to 'own' the business, it is Simon - I think on his own - that produces the props.

Swan admin team post out the props - and it could be that THEY have dropped the ball on your order.  It happened to me a short while back where they didn't address the package correctly and it turned up back at their office.  I had a very apologetic call from Simon about it.  Give him a call........

inertia

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2015, 09:23:58 am »

Come on! Three days??
Please let's have some sense of reality here. Not all businesses work 24/7, have infinite stocks and use couriers who will collect in the small hours of the morning. These props are hand-made to order. How many of you guys order 'boxed goods' from Hobbyking and wait several weeks for them? Why is that acceptable and yet a three-day delay from a UK supplier - who actually states on his website that orders can take weeks - is a problem?
Frankly I get ****** off whenever someone who doesn't receive a ricochet response to an order or an E-Mail comes on here spreading doom, gloom and alarm. It's not fair to the trader and it's not necessary. Please stop it, chaps.
DM

GrahamD

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2015, 11:19:58 am »

Come on! Three days??
Please let's have some sense of reality here. Not all businesses work 24/7, have infinite stocks and use couriers who will collect in the small hours of the morning. These props are hand-made to order. How many of you guys order 'boxed goods' from Hobbyking and wait several weeks for them? Why is that acceptable and yet a three-day delay from a UK supplier - who actually states on his website that orders can take weeks - is a problem?
Frankly I get ****** off whenever someone who doesn't receive a ricochet response to an order or an E-Mail comes on here spreading doom, gloom and alarm. It's not fair to the trader and it's not necessary. Please stop it, chaps.
DM

I wasn't moaning as I didnt get an email confirming order I just asked if this was the norm and if others had got their orders. I accept maybe they make everything to order but do think an order acknowledgment does not hurt. To say nothing of the strange email I did get.

inertia

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2015, 12:04:04 pm »

Order Acknowledgments are not issued for on-line mail order transactions by every supplier and if Prop Shop's system isn't configured to produce one then you simply won't get one. The Terms and Conditions of ordering are plain from their website, as I have reproduced it above, and it doesn't mention issuing acknowledgments anywhere. Prop Shop have done nothing wrong here except maybe forgotten to remove the Out of Office message from an ex-employee.
Logically if Prop Shop have taken money from your account then they must have received your order and are in a position to despatch the goods. Here is another extract from their website (the underlining is mine):

"If using Paypal please note that the Paypal authorisation is NOT a confirmation of payment. We do not take payment at the time of ordering but only when we are ready to ship the goods. As your authorisation is only valid for 30 days we endeavour to ship all on-line orders within this time-scale. Similarly, payment by credit card is not taken at the time of ordering but only at the time of delivery."

I think that's pretty clear. Whatever your intention was, it's difficult not to see your posting as yet another airing of a petty grievance against another supplier. If you have one then I suggest you take it up with them.
DM

GrahamD

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2015, 12:13:26 pm »

Whatever your intention was, it's difficult not to see your posting as yet another airing of a petty grievance against another supplier. If you have one then I suggest you take it up with them.
DM

Wrong, I only raised it as I do not know the company and have never used them before, and just wanted to know "if this is the norm".

I have no wish to deflame them or have a "petty grievance" against them or any other supplier.

I'm sorry you feel otherwise, but nothing bad was inferred by me or suggested.

BFSMP

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2015, 05:17:04 pm »

Did you get your order ?
I see they took the funds 11th, but unless £4 is 2nd class postage for 2 props, they still havent arrived.

Forgive me for butting in on this, but am I right in thinking that you placed your order for two hand made propellers last Wednesday and are getting worried because they have not arrived by Saturday?

Is that not a little impatient before getting worried about the demise of a company that seems to have been going for some years from what I read on here.

Jim.
life is like arranging deck chairs on the Titanic!

GrahamD

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2015, 05:38:27 pm »

Forgive me for butting in on this, but am I right in thinking that you placed your order for two hand made propellers last Wednesday and are getting worried because they have not arrived by Saturday?

Is that not a little impatient before getting worried about the demise of a company that seems to have been going for some years from what I read on here.

Jim.

Was told they were stock items when I rang, if they have to be made and will take weeks, so be it, then I shall be more patient.

gerard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2015, 05:13:18 pm »

Hi, Sent an order to Prop Shop four days ago, items recd this morning, good service for me and close to Xmas.
 Gerard

inertia

Paypal and Prop Shop (aka Swan Precision Castings)
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2016, 11:17:27 pm »

I wonder if anyone else has had a payment to PropShop "suspended for review" by Paypal? This has happened twice in succession to me.
I'm annoyed because not only did Paypal not tell me that my payment had been suspended but they give no explanation and no estimate of how long this "review" is going to take. At best this makes it look like I haven't sufficient funds to pay for the props (there's plenty in there) and at worst that my account - or Prop Shop's - is somehow suspect.
DM

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Paypal and Prop Shop (aka Swan Precision Castings)
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2016, 12:34:24 am »

I wonder if anyone else has had a payment to PropShop "suspended for review" by Paypal? This has happened twice in succession to me.
I'm annoyed because not only did Paypal not tell me that my payment had been suspended but they give no explanation and no estimate of how long this "review" is going to take. At best this makes it look like I haven't sufficient funds to pay for the props (there's plenty in there) and at worst that my account - or Prop Shop's - is somehow suspect.
DM

I've also had this happen a few times recently with well respected sellers that I have dealt with on several previous occasions
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Captain fizz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2016, 07:17:00 am »

That's interesting, l have just placed an order with Propshop and paid with PayPal, I will let you know how I get on.

inertia

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2016, 09:24:28 am »

I've now a very informative and helpful reply from a chap called Ken at Paypal HQ. I'll pass it on as I think it's useful for others: With a basic authorisation, your payment will show as 'Pending' in your PayPal account until the merchant captures it. A capture is when funds move from your PayPal account to a merchant's PayPal account. After the capture the transaction will show as 'Complete' in your account and you will be notified in an email from PayPal that your payment is captured.Merchants can capture the payment straight away; however in some instances they may need to capture the payment at a later date. For example they may need to confirm item availability, assemble your goods or account for late changes to the order.
In other words, PropShop have not yet taken the money from the account because they don't currently have any of the right size props in stock. It has, however, been identified in my account as money which will be transferred once PropShop send the props and take payment. It's thus been taken into account in calculating the balance of the account available for further purchases. I've suggested to Ken that this explanation of "PayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it" might appear in their standard E-Mail reply and also as part of the FAQs on their website.

Dave M

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2016, 09:32:42 am »

I think Paypals wording "suspended for review"  suggests that something is wrong with the transaction,  Pending would be far better. ;)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2016, 09:58:32 am »

A similar thing happens with credit cards. I bought some air tickets recently but the transaction did not show up on my account for several days but my available credit limit went down immediately the purchase went through. Apparently a lot of organisations place an immediate hold on your account and then put the transaction on the next batch they process.

Colin

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2016, 09:59:14 am »

I wish some other suppliers would do this instead of taking your money when things are not in stock,just saying.....Ray.
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2016, 11:00:22 am »

I've now a very informative and helpful reply from a chap called Ken at Paypal HQ. I'll pass it on as I think it's useful for others: With a basic authorisation, your payment will show as 'Pending' in your PayPal account until the merchant captures it. A capture is when funds move from your PayPal account to a merchant's PayPal account. After the capture the transaction will show as 'Complete' in your account and you will be notified in an email from PayPal that your payment is captured.Merchants can capture the payment straight away; however in some instances they may need to capture the payment at a later date. For example they may need to confirm item availability, assemble your goods or account for late changes to the order.
In other words, PropShop have not yet taken the money from the account because they don't currently have any of the right size props in stock. It has, however, been identified in my account as money which will be transferred once PropShop send the props and take payment. It's thus been taken into account in calculating the balance of the account available for further purchases. I've suggested to Ken that this explanation of "PayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it" might appear in their standard E-Mail reply and also as part of the FAQs on their website.

Dave M

Makes sense, but the email they send seems a bit ambiguous
I should have kept the email
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

inertia

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2016, 11:20:14 am »

Makes sense, but the email they send seems a bit ambiguous
I should have kept the email

They didn't send anything until I went looking for a reason why I'd not had my props (again). The "Paypal has placed a temporary hold....." message came up only after drilling down several layers from the My Account screen. As far as 'ambiguous' is concerned, it's more than that - it's downright misleading. They aren't 'reviewing' anything. Swine!!
DM

morley bill 1

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2016, 02:50:22 pm »

Don't have apaypal account and manage to deal with every body I need it just looks like a lot of bull...t to me   Bill..

inertia

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2016, 03:36:28 pm »

Don't have apaypal account and manage to deal with every body I need it just looks like a lot of bull...t to me   Bill..
Assuredly it is, Bill, but unfortunately you have to have a Paypal account if you want to buy off E-Bay. Having already set one up it's then a lot easier to use for on-line purchases than digging around for a card.
Despite that I shall use a debit or credit card in future, even though Propshop will have the money before the goods are ready for despatch. It's not as if they're a suspect business (unlike some we might mention....) and the interest on twenty quid for a few days is vanishingly small. I don't really care that Paypal will lose their commission on the transaction. It's bull-free!
DM

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2016, 04:49:45 pm »

In my dealings with PropShop my card has not been debited until the
day of dispatch.

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

inertia

« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2016, 04:54:28 pm »

In my dealings with PropShop my card has not been debited until the
day of dispatch.
Ned
That's settled it, then! Paypal can go whistle...
DM

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2016, 05:24:32 pm »

PayPal deal with thousand of sellers that grab the payment as soon as.
Good established traders who only take payment when goods are ready
to dispatch may flag up on pp as a slow or problem transaction.
Action was one of these traders. :-)) :-)) :-))

Ned.
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Norman Castle

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2016, 05:47:55 pm »

Ref Ebay, am I the only one who's noticed more and more sellers marking the order "dispatched" when in fact all they've done is seen what you want and checked that they have it in stock?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but with any luck it will annoy enough people to make the effort worthwhile.

morley bill 1

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2016, 10:24:41 pm »

I have delt with propshop for many years by card and have had a first class service and have no interest in ebay  just remember were the ones with the money  Bill..

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2016, 10:34:30 pm »

A similar thing happens with credit cards. I bought some air tickets recently but the transaction did not show up on my account for several days but my available credit limit went down immediately the purchase went through. Apparently a lot of organisations place an immediate hold on your account and then put the transaction on the next batch they process.

Colin

If I check either my credit card or current account online they display both a current balance and amount available. The difference is items that are known to be coming in the next few days - transactions for CC and usually direct debits on the current account.
I don't see anything suspicious or underhand with this; it's obviously a sensible precaution to help people who carelessly go overdrawn/over limit and incur charges to avoid doing so.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.