Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Prop shop  (Read 54528 times)

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
Re: Paypal and Prop Shop (aka Swan Precision Castings)
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2016, 10:37:55 pm »

Despite that I shall use a debit or credit card in future, even though Propshop will have the money before the goods are ready for despatch. It's not as if they're a suspect business (unlike some we might mention....) and the interest on twenty quid for a few days is vanishingly small. I don't really care that Paypal will lose their commission on the transaction. It's bull-free!
DM
At the moment the interest on £20 for a few years is hardly noticeable  :-)
Paypal may lose their commission, but the credit card company will get it instead  :((

inertia

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2016, 11:05:56 pm »

At the moment the interest on £20 for a few years is hardly noticeable  :-)
Paypal may lose their commission, but the credit card company will get it instead  :((
Quite......but the point was that Paypal WON'T.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2016, 04:50:24 am »

Quite......but the point was that Paypal WON'T.

O0  :-)) O0 :-)) O0 :-))
Gunna build those other boats one day.

Flundle (Speedline Models)

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Prop Shop
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2016, 06:20:28 pm »

Chaps, for information Simon is now doing his own thing again and has finished at Swans. He is looking for some new premises at present but is still producing. Indeed he's doing stuff for me right now.

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2016, 06:26:09 pm »

I hope all goes well for him.  Where would we be without him?  Reliable high quality, big range of props and great service.  Good luck Simon!

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2016, 08:46:31 pm »

I have a Paypal account (personally and now with Linkspan), but on the personal account I never keep any money on it.  If I buy anything (or even pay my utility bills) through Paypal, it comes directly off my debit card.

As for the account with Linkspan, I am slowly losing the will to live in trying to deal with Paypal and setting up the checkout page of our website.  Trying to get hold of anyone there who can talk no-nonsense English to me is nigh-on impossible  >>:-(

I agree that the Payment withheld for review malarkey is very misleading.  If it stated the actual truth - that the merchant has not yet collected his payment because.........and here the merchant should be allowed to post a standard message as to why.....then we would all know not to panic.  I do like the fact that this facility is possible though, as a potential supplier.

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2016, 10:07:41 pm »

Cant speak for Paypal except they're a bunch of crooks imvho but, i do work in the Credit Card industry.

There are a couple of reasons why money isnt taken or the transaction 'posted' to your card account immediately you make the transaction.

One is where the merchant will do a check that you have available balance to pay for goods. This is usually a big ticket item and very common when checking in at a hotel. The reception will ask for your card and ask you to insert your PIN as soon as you arrive. No funds are taken from your card account just a check that you have enough 'available balance' for when the time comes for money to change hands. When you check out a few days later, the transaction is then posted to your account and a debit to the merchant's account made.

Second is usually in the case of a small business who may only commit all transactions to their bank at the end of the week. For example you go in and buy something by card but when you check your statement, you see the transaction was not debited until a few days later.

I wouldnt advise using PP for anything of £100 or more. You dont get Section 75 protection by PP even if you have a credit card assigned to your PP account. Your card issuer is also unlikely to accept any responsibility under S75 on a card transaction of £100 or more via PP as they say PP act as an intermediary and your transaction was not directly with the merchant.

morley bill 1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2016, 09:58:32 am »

That's good news hope Simon does well and circulates his new details on mayhem   Bill..

tugmad

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2016, 04:01:49 pm »

Is anybody else having problems with Prop Shop,I ordered a prop 6 weeks ago the order taken by Simon, but it all seems to have gone to pot now as after phone calls every week for the last 3 weeks to a guy called Allan all I am getting are the same excuses we have cast it but it was porous and have to make a new one.
I called again today at 3.45 pm and was told to call again tomorrow as everybody had gone home.
The problem is I need a 5.75" 4 bladed kort prop not something anybody has on the shelf,so without Simon it looks as though I will have to wait until they get their act together,blooming annoying.

Where are you Simon.

Flundle (Speedline Models)

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2016, 06:40:56 pm »

Simon has left Swan castings to go back to doing his own thing (thank goodness) and is gettable at 01789 565228 or 08977193759.

tugmad

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2016, 01:24:09 pm »

I had an e mail from Swan Castings this morning,after several phone calls and a message to the web site,
They are going to cast my prop today,so watch this space.

Captain fizz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2016, 01:51:04 pm »

So, is Simon still part of Propshop or is he forming a separate operation?
I have a couple of Kort props on order.

tugmad

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2016, 03:00:38 pm »

Hi, as far as I can make out from what Simon says he has now broken away from Swan and is looking to start casting on his own as soon as he gets suitable premises ,
Swan state in their e mail this morning  that they are now gradually catching up on their back orders,my order No was in the  early 40s and they were going to cast it today, so fingers crossed they will soon catch up.  Geo.

Captain fizz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2016, 03:11:52 pm »

Thanks for that George.

Simon.

tugmad

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Prop Shop BIG PROBLEMS
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2016, 04:54:49 pm »

The latest in the saga of my prop shop ordered prop,after the March 18th promise they sent me a prop,but it was 3/4 of an inch too big on the dia and had huge great rounded blades not a kort type as ordered, so it was sent back to them at a cost of £8.50 plus they had taken the payment of £132.00 for the prop.They then told me that the could not make a prop that size, so I sent them pictures of the one that they made me last year the same as I want now.
After several e mails and phone calls at my expense they finally e mailed me last Tuesday with the promise of a new one by the end of last week, So still no prop yesterday or today so more phone calls to them with promises of return calls from Chris Phillips the quality control manager, still no return calls and no sign of my prop, I think that they have now really lost the plot with the going of Simon, it is now 12 weeks since the order went in and I am really getting annoyed now.

EJL

prop shop
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2016, 07:12:14 pm »

On Monday I ordered 2 x P29 racing props from prop shop. Arrived today(good service). Unfortunately they are stamped P29 but they are most certainly not the are 27mm.?
 I am contacting them  by e mail and will see what is offered by way of explanation. Hopefully this is just a hic up caused  by Simon leaving.  In view of the concern caused by Simon's departure from prop shop I thought it appropriate to post this information. First time I have had any problems going back 25 years.

BFSMP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: prop shop
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2016, 07:22:48 pm »

Should such simple and minor mistakes really be aired in public BEFORE, you have even tried sorting it out with them.

At least give them a chance to sort things out before you begin to air what sounds like a grievance on a public forum.

They have rights too.

Jim.
life is like arranging deck chairs on the Titanic!

tugmad

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Prop Shop big problems.
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2016, 07:36:49 pm »

well after 12 weeks I have finally got my prop,but not until more phone calls which were promised to be answered but no avail so more e mails were sent and eventually I got an answer from them saying that it was being finished that day and would be in the post that evening, wrong again it was not sent until 3 days later, but at least I finally have it and I am now still waiting for my £8.50 return postage to returned to me,The accounts dept of Swan do not want anything to do with props unless it is to take the money for them.

They are definitely off of my Xmas card list now.

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2016, 07:56:56 pm »

Having spoken to Simon personally at Ellesmere re the problems at Swan i.e. directly from the horses mouth! He, quite rightly has decided to find his own premises and deal with all his enquiries/orders himself after all the grief he has had from the Swan switchboard  (as in EU non English personnel which I also had problems with as in I will pass on your message etc,etc) staff not passing on messages or requests. I understand the frustrations by anyone who is waiting for an order but hey guys n gals give him a bit of space! preferably where he can do his great work he can't do this overnight.
          Faz. O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

tugmad

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2016, 08:04:09 pm »

Hi Faz we are not saying anything about Simon at all ,it is Swan Castings aka Prop Shop that we are having our problems with, it is very frustrating trying to deal with people who will not answer phone calls or e mails and who blatantly tell porky,s about orders.
I spoke to Simon when my problems first started and he is looking for premises to start over. He was the brains behind prop shop props and they are like a headless chicken now.

TugCowboy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2016, 07:21:40 am »

Hi Guys,

I had some problems with identifying a replacement prop and used prop shop recently to help.
The first one was too small and needed replacing so I sent it back and not only did they replace it with a larger (10mm larger!) for no extra cost, but it was custom skimmed to exactly fit the unusual Kort Nozzles that I had and delivered back to me within a week of sending the first one back.

The work was absolutely excellent and communications was even better. I only dealt with them via email and at first used their main contact address and the one on the order confirmation which used to go, I think, to Dawn but ended up in the end speaking to Chris Phillips their QA Manager who couldn't have done more to help.

I've been a HUGE fan of Simon's work and advice for as long as I've been in to model boating and will certainly support him fully in his own ventures but in the meantime I don't think it's worth writing off Prop Shop.

If you do get issues then don't use the main contact email address or the one on the order confirmations as I think that Dawn has now left. Try chris.phillips@swangroup.co.uk and hopefully you'll get somewhere.

Alex

16-21

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2016, 02:21:09 pm »

Hi All,

I gave Simon a call on one of the numbers above.
And i've placed an order with him for Kort Nozzles and matching props.
Simon did say that he was trying to get upto speed on things and can do casts upto a max of 100mm
he believe's that mid may should be the dispatch time for my order.

With regards to Swan/propshop
i can fully understand there position and that they have been struggling since Simon departed
However the various part numbers they supplied for there props and korts, did not match up there was minimal clearance for the prop or 6-10mm space between the kort and prop.
I have know doubt they will be back up to speed soon enough, and will sort through there issues.

inertia

« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2016, 02:43:53 pm »

I have one of Simon's business cards which he gave me at the Coalville show. If anyone would like either his landline/mobile numbers or his E-Mail address then please PM me and I'll pass them on. He now trades as "Protean Design - Model Engineering, Model Parts, Restoration and Prototypes", although I don't know the reason for the South African reference.
DM

EJL

« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2016, 05:21:54 pm »

I have had an absolutely first class resolution to my problem. The quality control manager Chris Phillips sorted it out very quickly. They have had a very steep learning curve since Simon left and errors have occurred but things are rapidly improving. I feel happy that any future order will be dealt with correctly.

T33cno

Prop shop
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2017, 09:23:31 pm »

Anyone else experiencing the mushroom treatment from them?
Placed my order on the 9th, emailed them twice and completely ignored!
I'll phone them tomorrow and kick off!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.