Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: RC Today  (Read 1167 times)

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
Re: RC Today
« on: September 04, 2014, 05:55:00 pm »

I was testing the RC gear in my tug build today, and thought much I take the RC components for granted these days, I use a Saturn 6 TX for all my ships bonded to each Rx, except for my tug which I kept to a simple two channel, so decided to get a new RC for her, it's a Etronix Pulse 30 pounds worth of magic, even has digital trims, then I got to thinking of my earlier days in RC models and how the RC gear was in those days my very first decent boat was in 1969, a Graupner yacht kit, and if I say so myself she was a beauty but the RC gear was a different story It was a McGregor one stick and one button, an aluminium box run by a 9 volt toffee battery that lasted all of four hours, the button could be used to move the sail in increments in and then out, and boy was it glitchy,
What was your early RC gear like? %)

Joe

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 06:13:36 pm »

My first radio gear was a late 70's 2-channel Acoms - the one with the red LED in the middle - it used to eat batteries in a couple of hours.

It got used across all my models from the old Tamiya cars to simple aircraft.

cuppa

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 06:45:22 pm »

My first radio set was a single channel push button affair which was superegen (So only one radio could be operated at any given time) it had a rubber powered escapement and was distinctly unreliable but myself and a friend used to spend hours at a local lake with the model boat. I have many happy memories of those times.

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 07:13:52 pm »

Yes they were crude weren't they, forgot to say that McGregor gave out so much interference, if I got close enough it would have shut down NASA.  %) {-) {-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.