Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blackpool Model Boat show  (Read 30978 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Blackpool Model Boat show
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2014, 09:28:54 am »

Well Bill myself and my two kids ( 13 and15 ) turned up on the Saturday and they ran there two boats on the indoor pool. I asked the lady running the pool for permission ( radio clashes etc ) as nothing was running at the time . They were well chuffed but had to get them out shortly due ' The Lifeboats '   coming on. After ' The Lifeboats' had been on nothing much using the pool ( again ). Bit weird really, loads of boats about but a bit reluctant to get them wet?  In the afternoon A fire boat and a paddle steamer were seen running in the pool. On the Sunday i had to nip back ( i am local ) to exchange some faulty items i had bought ( got it sorted ) and noticed ' the lifeboats ' were  out again and as  i left afterwards in the pool was the same fire boat and paddle steamer. All  a bit weird but as a family we all did enjoy the show. I allso did notice the lack of kids at the show, however my eldest is allso into model railways ( oo gauge dcc sound ) and at 14 built with the help of me a small model railway ( Robins Lane ),  got 3rd prize in the Hornby magazine  and exhibited it at a local model railway show. My two boys have a working steam traction engine, like Airfix kits, Lego, model railways and of course model boats but is my family the exception??????????        Regards, Dave
must admit Dave, I found that strange as well.............normally the Lifeboat guys ( and I am one but had mislaid my batteries at home since my summer hols) who sail on the pond, have to fight for a slot.............with such as the yachters who bring their own wind, the miniature guys who sail the modified plastic kits, the Lifeboat Teddybear crews and the deep sea survey vessel........and a few more clubs who put on displays through out the two days...........all have been attending for a number of years, and enjoy themselves...............and not one of the teams were there this year............did see the tugboat footy though and that was fun............so where they have all gone??? who knows. neil.

Davenotdone

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2014, 09:44:04 am »

Yes Neil, it was like 'pulling teeth' to get my two boys boats on the pond ( pictures on another Blackpool show thread ) it seemed the pond was exclusive and all i was trying to do was encourage my two boys in the hobby.....................just the sort of thing the hobby needs don't you think?  Regards, Dave.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2014, 10:32:29 am »

Subject closed due to popular demand.

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.