Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RC ASTUTE submarine models , or whatever he's called  (Read 7235 times)

BailingBen

• Full Mayhemer
RC ASTUTE submarine models , or whatever he's called
« on: September 10, 2014, 08:44:00 pm »

Hi all
As some people on here may know quite a while ago I won a competition , the prize , a chance to command one of the newest remote control astute!
 The one I would get would be the first of the production line and after much criticism of the kit in its building stage I was intrigued to see if it was any good ,
 and I'm still waiting to find out.
After being stood up at one arranged meet and repeatedly being given pushed back release dates...
with excuses easily following,
it finally looks like the kit could be close to docking in my work room to be kitted out.
As soon as I get it I will run a build log on asociation of model submariners forum
(http://www.theassociationofmodelsubmariners.com)
and will probably run an adjacent one on here.
Will keep you posted for now.

Ben Hall

BailingBen

• Full Mayhemer
Re: RC ASTUTE submarine models , or whatever he's called
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 12:06:29 am »

well the test dive was meant to be tomorrow for his submarine , but due to some last minute editing and the fact he has to wait 6 hours for epoxy to go off he cant do it tomorrow so hes going to go on Monday and hopefully next weekend ill have my kit

KK

upscope

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 09:54:07 pm »

Any news on this?
Paul Cook
Norwich Model Boat Club
Association Of Model Submariners

BailingBen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 10:34:10 pm »

Nope haven't heard anything in over a month , I've emailed , texted messaged his Facebook page and messaged his private Facebook- which he's seen all of them , but won't reply so I'm guessing everyone was right and it's some sort of scam , and hopefully no ones given him any money.
The only things that don't add up in my head is A : the fact that the 'submarine' actually exists and I've seen it , so why isn't he making moulds
B:last month he added me as a friend on his private Facebook account , why would he do that if e was going to scam people including me anyway

Just a few thoughts , but we'll see if anything changes but I'm not holding my breath

Kk

hmsantrim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 03:28:23 am »

Hi Ben.
 I have also seen this model but I think the guy has bit off more than he can chew if you check out ya tube.
This account has been terminated due to repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines and/or claims of copyright infringement
RE brit modeller site: In 2012 I sold my last company and dedicated my time to create a Radio Control Model version of Astute and upon completion by using a mold I have made mass produce the model and sell to the general public, and calling the Company Astute Models.  ???
  website is down think you are on to plumbs mate

Frank

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 10:22:42 am »

That chap has more fiddles than the philharmonic.

Expensive kits that never materialize.
A false auction on ebay.
Tickets on sale for shows and events that never take place
Tickets for sale to shows that are run free!
Competitions run for prizes that are never delivered.
Websites that chop and change.
Falsely claiming official endorsement by established organizations e.g. Royal Navy, Submarine museum Gosport etc.

BailingBen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 01:27:56 pm »

Well he has finally piped up , apparently he hasn't been online
 so hasn't seen my messages
I mentioned the fact that I know he'd seen the messages because it said seen on his FACEBOOK page and the ones I sent to his personal account had been 'seen' and he had been 'active'
Convienantly his reply was
"That someone has been watching my accounts for me , I haven't been well enough to reply "
This was his message to me
" Hi Ben Happy new year. I am sorry for not getting back to you sooner I have not been on for a while. I have made new mods to the ballast tank system and now in the process of assembly. I still plan to give you a kit once testing complete.

Jason"

Kk

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
  • roll on mayhem at wicksteed 2016 !
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 04:48:29 pm »

ohhhh this is the infamous . MR jason king ! from astute models ! ... top class con man !  avoid .... and ignore everything he tells you !
lets just hope this one floats !!
fire at will ! ... which one is will ?

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 05:33:44 pm »

Ben, young fella...you've a lot more patience than me. Disabled I may be, but if I had have been promised a kit that I'd won, and all I received was a pack of excuses as to why I haven't received it, I'd have paid him a visit and sort of demonstrated what damage can be done with the end of a walking aid.

Rich

(with apologies to the mods and admin staff who no doubt are lining up as I type with their big red pencils freshly sharpened...)
Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

BailingBen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 05:45:20 pm »

trust me im fumming , but i have nothing to loose by sitting here and sending the odd message to keep the pressure on , if this isnt a big scam (not likely) then atleast ill get something for my pateince , if this is a big scam (likely) then ive lost nothing at the end of the day.
luckily for mr.king im quite a patient person .

kk

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 06:08:01 pm »

He does look a little dodgy :D

One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

BailingBen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 11:42:55 pm »

todays updates.....

Assembled inner tray bench testing prior to tail being fitted. First testing three servos -1 will connect to rudder, 1 will connect to rear planes and the last to stern air release valve.Next - two speed controllers. 1 operating main propulsion motor and the other operating ballast tank air pump.Moving on - two 6 volt batteries followed by 2 forward servos and the air pump which operates at 2 speeds for normal or emergency surfacing.
When either diving or surfacing the dive alarm will sound.
The sound card module has not yet been fitted but will contain prerecorded commands for submarine to dive or surface.
(this post came with a video , but sadly i cant put this on here)

and

Stern view of stern ballast tank. Pipe work In progress.Also fitted are rubber bellows for control rods to stern rudders and planes, along with drive shaft.One of the pipes goes forward to supply air from internal air pump to both forward and aft tanks. The second pipe is the return pipe and the third pipe is connected to air release holes in deck when tail is fitted.

BailingBen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 11:46:02 pm »

and this from the 2nd january

First of all wishing everyone a Happy New year. I have not been on for some time due to health reasons and other personal matters. However carrying on from last post, I tested the dive system that I created and sadly it did not quite work out to plan. This being my first stratch build model I only have full respect and admeration to people that have scratchbuilt before. I have been working on the ballast tank system and have created new tanks. Now I need to to glue all parts together.

First of all wishing everyone a Happy New year. I have not been on for some time due to health reasons and other personal matters. However carrying on from last post, I tested the dive system that I created and sadly it did not quite work out to plan. This being my first stratch build model I only have full respect and admeration to people that have scratchbuilt before. I have been working on the ballast tank system and have created new tanks. Now I need to to glue all parts together. height=394

also sent him a message to try and help out

hey jason , looks like youre managing toget some work done
not sure if this is any help but its a way of laying things out thats abit diffrent , might also give you some ideas , i suggest having a read

http://www.rigidnsoftmoldtech.com/chapters/LA_sub_build_guide/resources/LA_build_07d.html

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 12:31:50 am »

Really. ??? That's a ballcock off a toilet {-)

hmsantrim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 03:37:30 am »

Really. ??? That's a ballcock off a toilet {-)
actually that bits called the tank float, but its definitely a cock and ball story.   {-)
 frank

BailingBen

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 04:58:21 am »

im just happy its something!

ian-mccaffrey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 07:45:05 am »

%%
actually that bits called the tank float, but its definitely a cock and ball story.   {-)
 frank
%%
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.